Ex-Louisville coach Rick Pitino hoping to become NBA coaching candidate

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

After his firing following an FBI probe at Louisville, Rick Pitino is planning to use the season to immerse himself in the NBA game and hopes to become a candidate for head-coaching openings in the spring.

"I just want to be a part of an organization," Pitino told ESPN. "I want to develop young players. I want to be part of a team. I miss it terribly. I'm using this time to really study the NBA. If something opens up with a young basketball team, I'd have deep interest in it.

"I think the league is going to get younger and player development will become even more important to every organization. That's my forte. I believe I can help an organization find a pathway to success."

For Pitino, this is a change of course from an early September public declaration to ESPN's Mike Greenberg on Get Up that he was "finished coaching."

Pitino has hired Drew Rosenhaus, a high-profile NFL agent, to represent him. Rosenhaus' company does represent two NBA players: Portland's first-round pick Anfernee Simons and Clippers center Montrezl Harrell.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...k-pitino-hoping-become-nba-coaching-candidate

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom