Inside NU: Big Ten men’s basketball power rankings (#8. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Inside NU:

8. Minnesota
2017 Review: Minnesota had a blazing start to the year, starting 13-3 and climbing as high as 12 in the AP poll. It was all downhill from there, as the Gophers proceeded to lose 14 of their next 16 contests. They even lost to Rutgers in their final game of the season. Who loses to Rutgers, right? Sorry.

Where they are heading into 2018: So much production returns for Minnesota, but there is a great deal of uncertainty regarding which Minnesota team will show up this season. Jordan Murphy will be back after averaging a double-double last season, as will Amir Coffey, a diversely talented scorer. Richard Pitino even picked up a capable point guard via transfer in Marcus Carr. There’s no doubt Minnesota has the talent to succeed, but they could also fall to the same fate as last year. Minnesota is genuinely a team that could contend for the conference, but is also one that could be a bottom-dweller.

https://www.insidenu.com/2018/10/23...ower-rankings-part-one-preseason-northwestern

Go Gophers!!

This genius implies that carr has been good to go

The genius also implies that the difference between the first and second half of last season was just a matter of showing up. No mention of losing several players. The author must be one of those Pitino haters on GH, same logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The genius also implies that the difference between the first and second half of last season was just a matter of showing up. No mention of losing several players. The author must be one of those Pitino haters on GH, same logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may not be Pitino haters. I am not a Pitino hater and know of the devastating injuries and discipline problem but i am also not one of those who lumps him in that group of even top 40 coaches. I expect to win huge this year but he must be winning conference titles and top 3 finishes year in and year out to be considered great.

Top Bottom