Shot Clock change?

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the NBA will probably pass a rule change that after an offensive rebound, the shot clock will only reset to 14 instead of 24.

What's your thoughts about doing something like that for the college game? Maybe like 20 seconds after a rebound?

I like it. It's usually a huge blow to a team to have to play a full minute of defense but at the same time I will always support the game being faster. Now if we can limit commercials and stoppages we're really onto something.

I read somewhere that the NBA will probably pass a rule change that after an offensive rebound, the shot clock will only reset to 14 instead of 24.

What's your thoughts about doing something like that for the college game? Maybe like 20 seconds after a rebound?

The article that I read about that said that the changes were for the upcoming NBA season. Not to say that the NCAA may not also have such rule changes.

The article that I read about that said that the changes were for the upcoming NBA season. Not to say that the NCAA may not also have such rule changes.

Sorry if my original post was confusing. I don't think the NCAA is making the change as of right now. I was just curious if others thought it would be a good change for the NCAA as well. I'd like to see a similar change to the NCAA myself.

Sorry if my original post was confusing. I don't think the NCAA is making the change as of right now. I was just curious if others thought it would be a good change for the NCAA as well. I'd like to see a similar change to the NCAA myself.

Oh yeah, sorry, my error in not reading it well. I think it does make some sense to not reset a full shot clock after an offensive rebound. You obviously don't need to take the ball up the court like you typically do at the start of a possession. It would speed up the action during games and make come backs a bit more possible at the end of games.

Oh yeah, sorry, my error in not reading it well. I think it does make some sense to not reset a full shot clock after an offensive rebound. You obviously don't need to take the ball up the court like you typically do at the start of a possession. It would speed up the action during games and make come backs a bit more possible at the end of games.
It will help North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke and Kansas since they will now be able to have more opportunities to plow toward the basket. All the teams that would play keep away against them have now been hamstrung.

It will help North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke and Kansas since they will now be able to have more opportunities to plow toward the basket. All the teams that would play keep away against them have now been hamstrung.

I am looking forward to the adoption of the Elam end of game scoring idea. Everything I’ve read about it says now is its time, and fans that have seen it love it.

I am looking forward to the adoption of the Elam end of game scoring idea. Everything I’ve read about it says now is its time, and fans that have seen it love it.
I am curious to see it. I didn't watch being used this summer.

There might be a contingent that is fooled by more points even if it just means changing the rules, but there is also a large contingent that just rolls there eyes and stops watching. Why not just change 2 point field goals to 3 points and 3 to 4. Think how exciting the game would be then?

The TBT adopted it last year and that is where the interest level is percolating, I haven’t seen it used but logically it makes a ton of sense.

There might be a contingent that is fooled by more points even if it just means changing the rules, but there is also a large contingent that just rolls there eyes and stops watching. Why not just change 2 point field goals to 3 points and 3 to 4. Think how exciting the game would be then?
ELAM is not about more points but about elimating the slow down of games at the end.

ELAM is not about more points but about eliminating the slow play at the end of a game.

Top Bottom