Vancouver Showcase: Gophers-Texas A&M will air on ESPN2

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm guessing this is 10:30 ET?

Edit: It is.

Also, the Women's bracket is stacked with elite teams. Wonder if the men's side will ever get to that point?

Anybody heading to Vancouver? My two brothers and I and our wives are heading up for a week to see the games.

Anybody heading to Vancouver? My two brothers and I and our wives are heading up for a week to see the games.

I’m waiting to see the Rest of the schedule. I’m gonna pick one away game this year and fly out for a weekend.

Not sure on A&M. They have a couple of new bigs coming in this year.

They do return 3 of their top 5 scorers from a team that went 9-9 in the SEC and got pounded by Michigan in the NCAAs.

Williams, their best player, was drafted by Boston.

Last edited:

I would expect A&M to take a step back this year. Borderline NCAA team? Should be pretty evenly matched game with Gophers. I’d tab Washington as the tournament favorite.

I can't go but I'm curious how much tickets are? I've been to these a couple of times, and they have been either really cheap or outrageously expensive. No in between.

I'll be in California at the same time, and may take in a day of the Wooden Legacy at CS Fullerton if I can get out there. Decent field there.

I can't go but I'm curious how much tickets are? I've been to these a couple of times, and they have been either really cheap or outrageously expensive. No in between.

I'll be in California at the same time, and may take in a day of the Wooden Legacy at CS Fullerton if I can get out there. Decent field there.
As I stated we are 5th row and first row in the corner for the two sessions at $44.50 a seat per two game session.

Washington, like Missouri, tends to get one or two, one and done players, but it usually doesn't make for a great team, and their records have usually shown it. They are probably a middle of the road pac team. Talented but very inconsistent. I would favor us.

Washington, like Missouri, tends to get one or two, one and done players, but it usually doesn't make for a great team, and their records have usually shown it. They are probably a middle of the road pac team. Talented but very inconsistent. I would favor us.

Washington returns almost every relevant player from last year's team that finished with 21 wins (10-8 in the Pac-12). Also, Mike Hopkins is very well respected around college basketball (long-time assistant under Jim Boeheim, only 2nd year at Washington). I would expect them to be an NCAA tournament team, and they could challenge for a conference title in a down Pac-12 this year. If the Gophers beat Texas A&M, playing Washington will be a good barometer of what we can expect from this year's team.

Creative Charters trip here. We are going buy tickets there. Did the same in Brooklyn last year and had excellent seats.

Top Bottom