Geiger, Disney and Mincey Gone?

gogophers

Reaction score
I have heard that Geiger has transfered to a CC in oregon. Both Disney and Mincey are not listed on the current roster. Anyone have an idea whats up?

The 197 spot will be the most difficult weight for the Gophers to get points from this year with Geiger transferring. Hopefully Tyler L. from Apple Valley sees this as a great opportunity to sign with the Gophers to fill that spot. Tyler will be the top recruit from Minnesota this season and would be a great get for J.

With Tony Nelson arriving a couple weeks ago, the Gophers are set in the 285 division after Berhow leaves in 2 years. Nelson won the Sr Nationals this spring and will be a beast for Minnesota sooner than later. Great student and person too. The lower weight classes are loaded with deep talent and Mincey would have had a difficult time getting mat time even though he is a great wrestler. It would be great to open up the Apple Valley pipeline and hopefully losing Mincey won't hurt this.

I take it that you're thinking they have left ?

I agree that 97 will be hit the hardest. Tyler is a pinning machine and would be great recruit, but I'm not holding my breath. I too was hoping that Mincey would help blaze a trail from Apple Valley.

Everything I've heard about Nelson is also positive. I have been told that he is just as outstanding a person as he is a wrestler.

From what I have heard Disney was really pushing Berhow. Berhow beat Disney 3-2 in SV2 at the Bison open to start last season. Also it seems to me that Nord is also pretty close so maybe those 2 combined with Nelson can keep things moving forward at heavy.

Who do you think will be the guy at 97, Eiedenschink?

Top Bottom