PDA

View Full Version : Geiger, Disney and Mincey Gone?

gogophers
09-17-2009, 08:43 PM
I have heard that Geiger has transfered to a CC in oregon. Both Disney and Mincey are not listed on the current roster. Anyone have an idea whats up?

goldfan24
09-18-2009, 10:21 AM
The 197 spot will be the most difficult weight for the Gophers to get points from this year with Geiger transferring. Hopefully Tyler L. from Apple Valley sees this as a great opportunity to sign with the Gophers to fill that spot. Tyler will be the top recruit from Minnesota this season and would be a great get for J.

With Tony Nelson arriving a couple weeks ago, the Gophers are set in the 285 division after Berhow leaves in 2 years. Nelson won the Sr Nationals this spring and will be a beast for Minnesota sooner than later. Great student and person too. The lower weight classes are loaded with deep talent and Mincey would have had a difficult time getting mat time even though he is a great wrestler. It would be great to open up the Apple Valley pipeline and hopefully losing Mincey won't hurt this.

gogophers
09-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I take it that you're thinking they have left ?

I agree that 97 will be hit the hardest. Tyler is a pinning machine and would be great recruit, but I'm not holding my breath. I too was hoping that Mincey would help blaze a trail from Apple Valley.

Everything I've heard about Nelson is also positive. I have been told that he is just as outstanding a person as he is a wrestler.

From what I have heard Disney was really pushing Berhow. Berhow beat Disney 3-2 in SV2 at the Bison open to start last season. Also it seems to me that Nord is also pretty close so maybe those 2 combined with Nelson can keep things moving forward at heavy.

Who do you think will be the guy at 97, Eiedenschink?