Quick question: Anthony Tucker

pickr374

Reaction score
I come in peace...but I was just noticing that Anthony Tucker has seven 3-pointers tonight for the Hawkeyes...I was wondering how come Tubby didn't recruit him?? I am not at all trying to flame, I actually do like the Gophers basketball team and the Hawks....kinda weird I know...but it what it is I guess :cool:

Mostly scholarship limits. You can't recruit everybody. Maybe Tucker doesn't fit Tubby's style of play or if he's a shooting guard we just simply don't need another one. I'd need to see a lot more than one game with 7 3's to convince me we should have taken him over Devoe or Bostick (even though Bostick hasn't done much yet).

Mostly scholarship limits. You can't recruit everybody. Maybe Tucker doesn't fit Tubby's style of play or if he's a shooting guard we just simply don't need another one. I'd need to see a lot more than one game with 7 3's to convince me we should have taken him over Devoe or Bostick (even though Bostick hasn't done much yet).

Agreed. Tucker is a great shooter, very pure, just look at last year's state title game (i might be a little biased). Would have been nice to have him, but like bitb said, either he didn't fit tubby's style, or for some other reason he decided not to go after him. I don't think Tucker had his heart set on going to Ihowa, but you can never tell the limits of some people's sanity :D

The answer is simple, Devoe Joseph, and his defense didn't help him with Tubby.

Anthony Tucker is a beast he has been averaging 20 or so points a game

Anthony Tucker is a beast he has been averaging 20 or so points a game

Anthony Tucker is a very good shooter. He found the right system to take advantage of his skill set. He is not a great athlete, not a great ball-handler, not a great defender, even at the HS level. Lickliter's system will be good for him and he will hit a lot of 3s in his career. He is not a beast.

Tucker is a fine shooter....

but he is anything but a "beast." We already had Hoffarber in that role, plus Blake brings a few more intangibles. Tucker has nice size for a 2 guard and may well develop, but Joseph could really be special in time and I agree with others who say Tucker is somewhat limited in terms of potential.

He is the same thing as hoffarber bout Tucker is a little more athletic

Tucker is also a grade lower than Hoffarber, and we already had too many offers out for scholarships that year (Mbakwe, Leuer, Hoffarber).

In his grade, we offered Joseph over Tucker, which I still think was a good move.

Yea Devoe is better than Tucker thats a no brainer

Top Bottom