Q&A with Isiah Washington, talks off-season work, improvement areas and more

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

GS: What have you been working on since the season ended?

IW: I’ve been working on my jumpshot, becoming a better scorer on all three levels, and really, defensively, getting after it.

GS: While the team didn’t have the kind of year most were hoping for, you did have the chance to play quite a bit and get experience during your freshman season. What can you take from that?

IW: Moving forward I just don’t want to have that feeling again that we had last year. We lost a lot of games in a row, and the last game in New York – and I just don’t want to have that taste in my mouth again.

GS: Flashback to a year ago when you were arriving as a freshman. What’s changed a year later?

IW: I feel a lot different. I feel like my body developed a lot in the offseason. Now we are just getting after it this summer and I think we’ve got a lot of talent to do some special things.

GS: What kind of advice has Coach Pitino given you?

IW: Come in with a different mindset, just want to get better. There’s going to be a lot on our shoulders this year because of what happened last year.

GS: What are your impressions of new assistants Rob Jeter and Kyle Lindsted, and new strength coach Steve Felde?

IW: The new staff is great. They check up on you a lot, they talk to you. And the new strength coach, he really knows a lot. I feel like I’ve gotten a lot stronger in the first two weeks and getting ready for the season.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062918aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Thought this was a pretty great answer:

"GS: What are your favorite activities in the summer besides basketball?

IW: None. I just play basketball and go home. I play video games once in a while."

Top Bottom