Things are taking shape

bga1

Reaction score
If Stull is the final pickup the 2018 roster is:

Oturo/Stockman
Murphy/Curry/Omersa
Coffey/Hurt
Stull/Kalscheur (I assume that Stull is not a take unless Pitino thinks he can start and Dupree can play the point)
IW/McBrayer

Sit outs- Willis/Carr

Really solid if the guards stay healthy. The possible recurring injury that is most concerning is the McBrayer situation.
Wild card....the rules change and Carr is eligible right away!

2019/20 roster looks like this:

Oturo
Curry/Omersa
Coffey/Hurt
Kalscheuer/Willis
IW/Carr

Would need to fill 4 spots with Center and SF the big holes

This is pretty strong looking two years out

I don’t think this coming season is going to be anything special unless Oturu or somebody else is a big surprise jump to stardom.

The following season(s) I like.

I don’t think this coming season is going to be anything special unless Oturu or somebody else is a big surprise jump to stardom.

The following season(s) I like.

If Oturo is just solid- he blocks shots, rebounds and contributes some on offense and IW is an average or better Big Ten point guard- I think we are very good. If one of them stars- think IW here- then we are really off to the races. I don't think top 4 or 5 in the conference is a stretch if we have reasonable luck in the injury department.

If Oturo is just solid- he blocks shots, rebounds and contributes some on offense and IW is an average or better Big Ten point guard- I think we are very good. If one of them stars- think IW here- then we are really off to the races. I don't think top 4 or 5 in the conference is a stretch if we have reasonable luck in the injury department.

I noted it on the other thread in some longer discussions: Reggie Lynch was insanely valuable. We need a rim protector as currently constructed.

I have a feeling that Oturu will be a great one, but I’m not sure about his freshman year. If Oturu isn’t, we are likely a mediocre defense (maybe worse) and a decent offense. Bubble sounds about where I’d guess.

Top Bottom