Projected Gophers Big Ten Schedule + Latest Standings Projection

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
A guess at the 20-game conference schedule, using the last 2-3 seasons as a guide.

Home & Away (7): Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin

Home Only (3): Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State

Road Only (3): Indiana, Michigan State, Purdue

Updated Big Ten Preseason Projection (after Moe Wagner announcement)
1 Michigan State
2 Maryland
3 Purdue
4 Michigan
5 Wisconsin
6 Nebraska
7 Penn State
8 Minnesota
9 Iowa
10 Northwestern
11 Indiana
12 Ohio State
13 Illinois
14 Rutgers

Solid home schedule. Nice not to give a game away to NYC for season ticket holders that are paying the same regardless.

Solid home schedule. Nice not to give a game away to NYC for season ticket holders that are paying the same regardless.

I'm pretty confident Illinois, Michigan, Rutgers, and Wisconsin will be 2-plays, the other 3 not as sure. Guessing based on the B1G's new scheduling parameters that most years Gophers will play home & homes vs. 4 of the 5 "West"/CT zone schools (football). We'll be seeing a lot more of Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Northwestern, and Wisconsin, especially the Hawkeyes and Badgers.

The 3 road only are not very friendly environments for opponents. ha Hopefully, we add three contributing pieces to our roster, one or two more wow assistant coaching hires and obliterate your likely already homer projections and we finish top 4.

. ... Hopefully, we add three contributing pieces to our roster, one or two more wow assistant coaching hires and obliterate your likely already homer projections and we finish top 4.

No need to worry about my Gophers projection. Two seasons ago believe I picked Gophers 11th and they finished 4th, and last season I picked 3rd and they finished tied for 11th. Splitting difference with 8th (right now), and yes, I'm probably being generous. Right now I don't see a lot of difference between #5-11, and I'm probably underselling OSU (like I did last year) at #12.

B1G Opponents Announced

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom