Nate Mason invited to Portsmouth Invitational Tournament

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Does Mason have a legitimate shot to be drafted?

probably not. but I expect him to play in summer league for a team. hopefully the Wolves
That would be good if he gets a shot.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nate is worthy of a look - that's why he was invited. He has a good chance to make it at some level. G-League for sure. Europe for sure. NBA .. maybe with the right team. Felt so bad for Nate this year - he gave his all for the Gophers for 4 years. Thank you Nate for a great career!!

Does Mason have a legitimate shot to be drafted?

Not really. Anything can happen I suppose, but the NBA is all about athleticism and Mason is not athletic by NBA standards. He's not quick enough to blow by NBA point guards, not quick enough to stay in front of NBA point guards & his shooting is so-so at best by NBA standards. No reason he can't make some money and have a nice career in Europe though.

looking back on the names was fun - the portsmouth website has the rosters going back to 2008.

by far the most successful portsmouth invitee was jimmy butler in 2011. other notable names are robert covington, jeremy lin, kent bazemore, demarre carroll, ish smith, lawrence westbrook, blake hoffarber, andre hollins, mo walker.

pulling for nate but it's a long shot.

I remember 25 years ago when kooky Clem Haskins threatened to boycott the B1G season if Ernest Nzigamasbo and Randy Carter didn't get Portsmouth invites. Ziggy coach, really?

I remember 25 years ago when kooky Clem Haskins threatened to boycott the B1G season if Ernest Nzigamasbo and Randy Carter didn't get Portsmouth invites. Ziggy coach, really?

Ziggy was a lot like Konate size/athleticism wise. However, Ziggy steadily improved and was serviceable his last couple years.

Kyle Washington - Cincinnati; named all tournament team.

Top Bottom