Quincy Lewis Named Interim Lead of M Club

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Gopher Athletics today announced that Quincy Lewis will serve as the interim director of the M Club as current director George Adzick retires in January after 11-plus years leading one of the nation’s oldest and largest varsity alumni clubs.

“When we considered our needs for an interim director of the M Club, Quincy’s name was immediately at the top of that list. He was not only an accomplished student-athlete here in Minnesota, he has also been a valuable and engaged employee for several years,” said Athletics Director Mark Coyle. “What I think qualifies Quincy to serve in this role, more than anything else, is his passion for the experience we provide our students at Minnesota. I know he shares my excitement to apply that passion to growing membership and building engagement with current student-athletes and varsity alumni across our M Club community.”

“I am humbled and excited to accept this opportunity to lead the M Club. I know the importance of acknowledging the investment every Gopher athlete makes in this athletic department, and making sure that all Gopher alumni feel welcomed on campus and understand how they can be a positive influence on the next generation of Gophers student-athletes,” said Lewis. “The M Club will continue to be a champion for all present, past, and future Gopher athletes. We will support them throughout their life’s journey, work to preserve their legacy, and honor the traditions of Gopher Athletics. I can’t wait to get started.”

Lewis came to Minnesota 20 years ago to play men’s basketball, where he would grow into one of the top players in the Big Ten, winning the league’s scoring title in the 1998-1999 season and earning All-America status. Lewis was a first-round NBA draft pick who went on to play 10 years of professional basketball with the NBA’s Utah Jazz and Minnesota Timberwolves, as well as several European clubs. Lewis was a member of the U.S. National Team that won gold at the 1998 Goodwill Games.

Since retiring from competitive basketball in 2009, Lewis has stayed closely connected to his alma mater, first returning to earn his Master’s degree in 2016 (adding to his B.S. in 2004), and then taking a job as a major gift officer with the Golden Gopher Fund, the athletics department’s fundraising group. Most recently, Lewis transitioned from fundraising and became a programming director for the athletic department’s student-athlete development team. Beyond the athletics department, he sits on the University’s College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Sciences Alumni Board as well.

He has also continued to stay close to basketball in recent years, serving as an volunteer assistant coach for Urban Venture Athletics and working as a desk analyst for Fox Sports North’s Timberwolves telecasts.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-club/spec-rel/010818aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom