ESPN: Kevin Stallings tells L'ville fans, 'At least we didn't pay our guys'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
The former Gopher commit, Kevin Stallings, taking shots at Louisville:

Pittsburgh coach Kevin Stallings made a reference to the Louisville pay-for-play scandal in a response to fans during Tuesday night's 77-51 loss to the Cardinals.

Stallings turned to fans at Louisville's KFC Yum! Center and said, "At least we didn't pay our guys $100,000" and "We didn't pay our guys 100 grand, though," according to a recording provided by WHAS reporter Whitney Harding.

Following the game, Stallings was asked about the exchange.

"Somebody said something bad about my players. I'm just going to stick up for my players," Stallings said. "Probably said the wrong thing, but I'm not going to let people talk crap about my players.

"We're down, the game's over with, you don't need to insult kids who are out there trying to fight hard and do their best. So like I said, I probably should have chosen some different words, but I'm not going to let people take shots at our players."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...pittsburgh-louisville-fans-least-pay-our-guys

Go Gophers!!

I have no problem with him doing this

It implies he paid his guys something...[emoji6][emoji56]

No problems here with it…

Pitino was a cheat, flat out…

No problems here with it…

Pitino was a cheat, flat out…

Coaches shouldn't be talking to fans-especially not those of the other team. He's a professional. Face forward and play the game. A coach stepping into the "trash talking" smells of a lack of professionalism and is pretty weak.

Coaches shouldn't be talking to fans-especially not those of the other team. He a professional. Face forward and play the game. A coach stepping into the "trash talking" smells of a lack of professionalism and is pretty weak.

Agree, if you want to do something send a manager/asst for security or have security behind your bench and have the guy removed. Quietly, the end of story. The defending my players line is bogus. It absolutely is not an example of how to handle a similar situation for his players. I agree with Rick.. "He's a jackass."

Coaches shouldn't be talking to fans-especially not those of the other team. He's a professional. Face forward and play the game. A coach stepping into the "trash talking" smells of a lack of professionalism and is pretty weak.
“It’s your professionalism that I respect!”
1ba4894cad186a0bddf2a000f2957a54.gif

Top Bottom