Harvard had more Top 100 recruits playing today than the Gophers did

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

FOUR-STAR TALENT – How many Ivy League teams have ever had four top-100 recruits and a top-10 ranked recruiting class nationally? The answer is none. That’s right, Harvard was the first in its league to ever accomplish such a fete with Tommy Amaker’s 2016 recruiting class, which included four-star prospects Chris Lewis (No. 68 in ESPN100), Robert Baker (No. 97), Seth Towns (No. 98) and Bryce Aiken (No. 99). In comparison, the Gophers have only two former top 100 recruits on the roster with Amir Coffey (No. 32) and Isaiah Washington (No. 68), according to ESPN’s rankings. So why is such a talented team like the Crimson struggling with a 5-7 record this season? They’re young (ranked 340th among 351 Division I teams in experience this year). Amaker has four sophomores in his starting lineup, including Aiken (17.6 ppg and 3.3 apg), Towns (12.6 ppg and 5.1 rpg) and Lewis (11.9 ppg and 5.3 rpg). Off the bench, Harvard plays two freshmen and three sophomores.

http://www.startribune.com/harvard-...re-top-100-recruits-than-minnesota/467294173/

Go Gophers!!

If they can add a few more 4 star recruits in the next 2 seasons, they'll be a very good team in 2018-19.

I hope we never schedule them ever again.

Harvard was the first in its league to ever accomplish such a fete

fete or feat? That just doesn't mesh well with Harvard.

I’m stunned Amaker hasn’t left Harvard for a bigger job. He can recruit and coach. Will be interesting to see if he ever leaves.

I’m stunned Amaker hasn’t left Harvard for a bigger job. He can recruit and coach. Will be interesting to see if he ever leaves.

I think part of the deal is that his wife is a professor there. It works well family and career wise. He was overmatched at Michigan. I think Harvard is right in his wheelhouse, a little like Monson at Long Beach.

I think part of the deal is that his wife is a professor there. It works well family and career wise. He was overmatched at Michigan. I think Harvard is right in his wheelhouse, a little like Monson at Long Beach.

Didn’t know that about his wife. I think at this point he could run a major program but recruiting at Harvard has some disadvantages and advantages. Might just work well for him.

Top Bottom