Pioneer Press: Nate Mason, Dupree McBrayer could return to Gophers’ lineup Saturday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Jace:

Pitino labeled Mason’s status as “day to day,” and it sounds like the guard could be ready to play as early as Saturday, when the Gophers (11-3) play host to Harvard (5-7).

“We put him through an individual (workout) yesterday, more a lot of just shots,” Pitino said. “Still not sure. Evaluating him again today and we’ll see from there, so day to day. I’m hopeful he’ll play. I think if you asked him, he’ll say he’ll play, so we’ll see. Want him ready more than anything.”

If Mason does return Saturday, he won’t be the only Gophers guard to do so. Dupree McBrayer is set to rejoin the Gophers’ lineup after missing the past two games with an injury to his lower left leg. Pitino said sitting McBrayer for Minnesota’s wins over Oral Roberts and Florida Atlantic was a call made by the trainer designed to give McBrayer a needed break. That left leg has given McBrayer problems recently. He missed time this offseason with a stress reaction.

A right leg injury caused McBrayer to sit out Minnesota’s loss to Miami.

McBrayer said he was “kind of down” recently, but his teammates have boosted him by telling him to stay positive.

“It hurts me to not be at 100 percent; you can’t perform the way you want to,” he said. “But you try to stick with it and just keep going, keep embracing the grind, and it’ll be your time eventually.”

The recent time off seemed to help the guard physically, and mentally.

“Just got some rest, got some treatment,” McBrayer said. “I just needed a break, needed to get my mind together. Hang out with the fam, I had talks with my uncle, my aunt, she’s real big on basketball for me. Just talking to them made me realize don’t be in such a rush. Rushing can be helpful or it can be bad and recurring the injury. Just having that little break and setting my mind free really did it.”

https://www.twincities.com/2017/12/...ayer-could-return-to-gophers-lineup-saturday/

Go Gophers!!

Does anyone know exactly what the issue is with Duprees knee? I know he had an infection of some kind, but this is something different right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Doesn’t look like Mason is going to play. Was in black sweats on the sideline during warmups.

Does anyone know exactly what the issue is with Duprees knee? I know he had an infection of some kind, but this is something different right?

He had stress reaction in foot this summer ? Sounds like it came back (different than infection) they wanted it to rest over Xmas.

He had stress reaction in foot this summer ? Sounds like it came back (different than infection) they wanted it to rest over Xmas.
Weird, they keep calling it a left leg not foot injury.

Top Bottom