Getting Coffey into the flow

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I'd like it to see Coffey get more touches early. One thing I've noticed in the 1 1/2 years as a Gopher is how few post touches he gets.

He is an adept finisher and 6'7/6'8". He is often times guarded by someone who is 3-5 inches shorter than him. He is also a very good passer so double teams wouldn't frustrate him that much. I'm not asking for him to be a post or get 10 post touches per game, but maybe 3-4, especially early, to get him involved and keep the offense varied.

Would like him to get more rebounds...

I saw a progression yesterday that I hope will continue. Started with upping the effort of the defensive end, progressed to some failed aggressive drives, progressed to a few drives where he was fouled and shot and made free throws, progressed to drives where he scored and had &1 opportunities.
Coffey is at a pivot point. He's had a pass first mentality and his future depends on him being more aggressive. It doesnt come naturally to him, but given we no longer seem to have a low motor Murph, I'm going to think we'll see Coffey turn a corner this year.

Top Bottom