ESPN: Rick Pitino sues Louisville for $37.6 million, claiming breach of contract

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Former coach Rick Pitino has sued the University of Louisville Athletic Association for $37.6 million, saying it breached his contract by placing him on unpaid administrative leave without notice and then firing him last month with no legally justified cause.

Pitino was fired in October in the wake of an FBI investigation of bribery and fraud in college basketball related to the steering of recruits to Adidas, sports agents and financial advisers. Pitino maintains he wasn't aware of an alleged payment from a Cardinals assistant to the family of Brian Bowen during the recruiting process.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...suit-thursday-louisville-athletic-association

Go Gophers!!

Don't know how Pitino differs from Larranaga, Arizona's Miler etc Why are they coaching and Pitino isn't? Other than yes, it was one more thing but if you are innocent you are innocent. They agreed he was not at fault for the dorm thing any more than the AD was.

I would think good attorneys make Louisville and Addidas pay Pitino. So far there's no evidence. Just people saying of course he knew. Time will tell.

Don't know how Pitino differs from Larranaga, Arizona's Miler etc Why are they coaching and Pitino isn't? Other than yes, it was one more thing but if you are innocent you are innocent. They agreed he was not at fault for the dorm thing any more than the AD was.

I would think good attorneys make Louisville and Addidas pay Pitino. So far there's no evidence. Just people saying of course he knew. Time will tell.

I haven't been closely following this story, why would Addidas pay?

I haven't been closely following this story, why would Addidas pay?

Well, I haven't got much info either but, because Pitino got fired Addidas stopped paying on a personal contract with him. They basically said he must be guilty but have not provided any evidence he is. I don't know what the contract says. They said he is coconspirator. I just feel it's not mob mentality social media, in court you need some evidence. So far it's just, well, so and so told me he talked to the bad guys...but no wiretaps, text messages, emails, voice mails etc or anything regarding evidence has been presented. I guess just rooting for Pitino.

Top Bottom