New ESPN power rankings: Gophers #6

die hard gopher

Reaction score

I never really know what to make of power ranking descriptions. This writer essentially just said we looked like trash but still got ranked at #6. I get that these are often times meant to be hot takes to get people arguing, but just weird to say that and rank us so high either way.

I never really know what to make of power ranking descriptions. This writer essentially just said we looked like trash but still got ranked at #6. I get that these are often times meant to be hot takes to get people arguing, but just weird to say that and rank us so high either way.
Since this guy is an ESPN "journalist", he'll wear this angle out as long as is humanly possible. He's already done it twice that I've seen in the past two days. Just the way ESPN writers do their job these days.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Beat Miami on Wednesday and all the Alabama 5-3 jokes will go away.

The really exciting thing about this season is that there does not look to be a truly dominant team in college basketball which means things will be wide open come tournament time. The Gophers should be right there in the mix with a good shot of making a long tournament run.

Beat Miami on Wednesday and all the Alabama 5-3 jokes will go away.

The really exciting thing about this season is that there does not look to be a truly dominant team in college basketball which means things will be wide open come tournament time. The Gophers should be right there in the mix with a good shot of making a long tournament run.

I think Duke right now is the clear cut #1 and by the end of the year if not midseason will be extremely dominant. But after them, anything can happen.

I think Duke right now is the clear cut #1 and by the end of the year if not midseason will be extremely dominant. But after them, anything can happen.

not to take a way anything from Duke but it took 2 miraculous comebacks last week to remain undefeated. they could just as easily have two losses right now

The usual suspects (Duke, Kansas....) are still up there and will be tough like always but there is no team that looks unbeatable. Duke needed two massive comebacks to stay unbeaten. I could see the number one spot changing hands a few times this season.

Top Bottom