Rick Pitino plans on attending "few upcoming games at Minnesota...including BT games"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Rick Pitino plans on attending "few upcoming games at Minnesota...including BT games"

per ESPN:

Rick Pitino hasn't ruled out a return to coaching, but he told ESPN that he needs to move on with his life in case another opportunity doesn't present itself.

Pitino, 65, was fired by Louisville a little more than a month ago despite maintaining he wasn't aware of an alleged payment from a Cardinals assistant to the family of Brian Bowen, a freshman who hasn't been cleared to play by the school.

Pitino said he is working out three times a day in Miami, where he has moved full-time since leaving Louisville. He told ESPN he plans to attend a few upcoming games at Minnesota -- where his son, Richard, is a coach for the Golden Gophers -- including a couple of home Big Ten games.

"If a school, come April, comes to me in Miami and says, 'We believe you. We believe you were innocent,' I would give it a shot," Pitino said. "I don't care about the money, the salary.

"But the way I'm looking at it now is that I've got to get on with a different part of my life -- build a different life that doesn't include coaching. I need to be happy, be content."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...oaching-again-says-get-different-part-my-life

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom