2017-2018 Season "In Review"

fryguy22

Maroon and Gold from birth
Reaction score
GH Friends-

I published a bball article this morning for Stillgothope.com (definitely check it out if you haven't yet, Frothygopher from years and years ago here provides most of the posts and he's absolutely fantastic). The premise is basically Dave Barry's "year in review" done from a fun / light perspective ahead of time. For what it's worth, I have my real life prediction of wins / losses in there (though much of the details are satire). Spoiler - I think we finish the regular season 26-5 (14-4) and 2nd in the Big Ten. Nobody can say I'm not an optimist! Hope you enjoy.

http://www.stillgothope.com/2017/11/2017-2018-gophers-basketball-season-in.html

Pretty good stuff in there, some great subtle humor.

Definitely gets you excited for the season as I'd assume most people would take that regular season result if offered it today.

You avoid 1 of those 3 January losses and you are probably holding a share of the B1G title at the end.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I figured since the piece was basically a fanfic already I might as well skew towards what I view as our "best case" scenario, haha. I do think the game by game breakdown is pretty realistic results wise, obviously the details include some satire. I'll be writing a piece on there in the next week or so on our ceiling and our floor for the year that will be a bit more balanced.

Top Bottom