ESPN Preseason Power Rankings

CurveballJesus

Reaction score
Top Ten

10. Minnesota Golden Gophers
Richard Pitino went from the hot seat to a 5-seed in the NCAA tournament last season, and all five starters are back from that group. Nate Mason and Jordan Murphy lead the way among the veterans, but the arrival of ESPN 100 point guard Isaiah Washington has people excited. The New York native will bring swagger to the Gophers.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ing-duke-blue-devils-preseason-power-rankings

Will be fun to see if the team can live up to the pre-season hype, and there is a lot of it right now. Has been a long time since that has been the case with Gopher Hoops. Hopefully the team builds on what it did last year and we have a special season with this group.

I'll take it.

But don't think we are that good due to Curry's injury and Lynch's inability to not foul

And right behind the Gophers are their B1G-ACC Challenge opponent, Miami.

Beware of Providence, too. The Dunkin' Donuts Center going to be a great college basketball environment. First of the Gophers 5 difficult non-conference games. Need to win minimum of 3 to boast solid non-conference showing. I'd put over-under at 2.5.

Beware of Providence, too. The Dunkin' Donuts Center going to be a great college basketball environment. First of the Gophers 5 difficult non-conference games. Need to win minimum of 3 to boast solid non-conference showing. I'd put over-under at 2.5.

Big $$ on the over.

That seems fair, since 2 are home, 2 away, and 1 neutral site. I’d still take the over. Harvard at home is a game we shouldn’t lose, and 3 of the other 4 may have depleted rosters. None are gimmes though. Should be a good challenge. Throw in the two Conf games in Dec, and by January we should have a good idea what kind of team we have.

Top Bottom