Nate Mason at Volleyball Game in a boot cast device.

XMan

Reaction score
A friend end of mine is at the gopher volleyball game tonight. Said he saw Nate Mason there in a boot cast. Anyone have information on this injury?

Quick google of his social media shows no boot as of last 24hrs in street clothes. Most recent photo was posted 32 minutes ago.

I was there. He definitely had a boot on his left foot as he sat in the student section on the end near the Gopher locker room. He had a bit of a limp, too. Probably nothing alarming, but at the Gopher-Iowa volleyball game, I can confirm that Nate Mason had a boot on his foot.

Gopher hoopsters often support the volleyball team, by the way.

Hopefully just a sprained ankle

As a doc, just a reminder...sprained ankles can be season limiting or career limiting...remember Hollins before and after...so it could be "just" but many times that doesn't describe a sprained ankle. It can be a team's almost silent killer. I do share your hope the boot is just a precaution for a non serious discomfort he is experiencing.

As a doc, just a reminder...sprained ankles can be season limiting or career limiting...remember Hollins before and after...so it could be "just" but many times that doesn't describe a sprained ankle. It can be a team's almost silent killer. I do share your hope the boot is just a precaution for a non serious discomfort he is experiencing.

Yes, meant just a tweek. I've had multiple sprained ankles in my b-ball playing days, and I've experienced many different degrees of sprains. So I'm hoping its the lowest degree, just a turn and not much swelling. That being said, he needs to come back when he is ready. Sprained ankles are so easily hurt again

This thread feels a little obsessive....I would think if it was something serious it would have been reported, we are nearly a month out from the Gavitt Tipoff games, should be ok to take a deep breath and assume that things will be ok. Probably rolled his ankle or something during practice and just trying to keep weight off of it to let it heal.

Doogie should have a tweet coming out soon that he is hearing Nate Mason may not be 100% healthy...

This thread feels a little obsessive....I would think if it was something serious it would have been reported, we are nearly a month out from the Gavitt Tipoff games, should be ok to take a deep breath and assume that things will be ok. Probably rolled his ankle or something during practice and just trying to keep weight off of it to let it heal.

This thread is entirely appropriate. No one is panicking. It's absolutely relevant message board conversation and is being kept at the appropriate level.

I sprained my ankle in college and I swear it took eight years to fully heal.

If it is minor it isn't that big of a deal, Let's just be happy the trainers are being proactive in his recovery!

I sprained/tweaked my ankle so many times in basketball it was a swiging door and recovery was in many cases a few days. It will suck when i get older.

Whew. Good news. Thanks for posting this.

Not sure there is such a thing as a “minor” ankle sprain in basketball. Those things tend to linger.

And to me, “minor” injury means you’re back at practice the next day, not walking around in a boot.

Hope they hold him out until he’s fully healed, whenever that may be.

Not sure there is such a thing as a “minor” ankle sprain in basketball. Those things tend to linger.

And to me, “minor” injury means you’re back at practice the next day, not walking around in a boot.

Hope they hold him out until he’s fully healed, whenever that may be.

Walking in a boot doesn't necessarily mean it's serious. If you're playing at a high level, you do everything you can to heal faster and prevent further injury.

I sprained/tweaked my ankle so many times in basketball it was a swiging door and recovery was in many cases a few days. It will suck when i get older.

Yup. Mine to this day still dislocates a couple times a year, completely falling out of joint. The only good news is eventually it doesn't hurt much anymore to immediately snap it right back in place and keep going. Yeah, it freaks bystanders out.

My son got a picture with Mason at the football game today. No boot, but he was definitely favoring the one leg and moving cautiously on it. I made sure my son didn't step on it and add to the discomfort.

Go Gophers!!

My son got a picture with Mason at the football game today. No boot, but he was definitely favoring the one leg and moving cautiously on it. I made sure my son didn't step on it and add to the discomfort.

Go Gophers!!

Good man!

He was hanging out at one of the fraternities before the football game. Seemed fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just played 30 mins in a scrimmage. Some major drama queens posting in this thread.

Top Bottom