Former Louisville AD - Highest Paid AD in Country at $5.3 million

watertown 1987 guy n

Reaction score
Rick Pitino, who the University of Louisville recently suspended, is the highest paid basketball coach in the NCAA. He made $7.7 million last year — $5.1 million of which was university salary. But it came to light on Thursday that the school’s athletic director, Tom Jurich, is also the highest paid in the NCAA; he made $5.3 million last year — over $3 million more than any other athletic director in the U.S., according to the Courier-Journal

Jurich also made more money than the school budgeted for the following departments, the Courier-Journal calculated:
•English ($4 million)
•Math ($3.5 million)
•Biology ($3.3 million)
•History ($2.4 million)

The next-highest paid athletic director in the U.S. — Ohio State’s Gene Smith — made $1.98 million.

I'm beginning to feel as though Louisville is a cesspool or maybe the view should be they are just ahead of the times and the AD is worth every penny for signing a 10-year $160 million dollar contract with Adidas. I was never a proponent of paying college athletic students but this really is B.S. and my view is changing.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lo...r-3-million-more-than-any-other-ad-2017-10-05

Jurich coached football here in the 80s.

To compare to the budgets of those other departments is just to get a rise of the casual reader who doesnt understand how athletics work. His salary is so high because of the money raised to pay that salary. Its not like he is being paid out of the same pool of funds as the English department.

I propose cutting the AD comp to $1 million and with the remaining $4.3 million giving 172 scholarship athletes $25,000 per year.

Top Bottom