STrib: Richard Pitino, on father, Rick: "Im here for him. I just want him to be happy

BleedGopher

Reaction score
STrib: Richard Pitino, on father, Rick: "Im here for him. I just want him to be happy

per Marcus:

Gophers coach Richard Pitino wasted no time in his first news conference addressing the news of his father's pending dismissal from Louisville.

Hall of Famer Rick Pitino, who won a 2013 national title and spent nearly 20 years as the Cardinals coach, was placed on administrative leave Tuesday after an FBI probe linked his assistant to allegedly paying a recruit $100,000 to sign.

"I know you guys are interested in talking about my dad's situation," Pitino said. "The biggest thing with that is, it's family. He's my dad. I love him, I care for him, I want what's best for him. I'm here for him. I just want him to be happy.

"It's been a tough week for our family."

Pitino doesn't think his dad will go into hiding and expects him to still attend some of the Gophers games and support him this season.

"I think we're always there for each other," he said. "You always know when tough times hit who has got your back. And our family is very strong."

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...or-him-i-just-want-him-to-be-happy/448704863/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom