Hey Joel Maturi, all eyes on you and your NCAA Committee of Infractions

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Our own Joel Maturi is on the NCAA Infractions Committee. Not only are they STILL dealing with the worst academic fraud scandal in NCAA history (UNC), they are now having to deal with the most seismic widespread, FBI-involved scandal in NCAA history.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I don't expect the NCAA to clean up a damn thing.

All this crap has festered under their noses for decades and they did next to nothing to try and stop it.

I don't see the NCAA trying to clean this up so much as manage it. What will be interesting to learn is their role in this heretofore. I admit I haven't been reading all the articles, but my suspicion of the NCAA is they'd rather not know about this kind of wrongdoing and not have to do anything about it.

The NCAA is the problem they have done nothing for years. That's is why it is this bad. Everyone knew crap was going on but the people in charge yeah right they knew. I wonder if NCAA big wigs were getting cash under the table to keep quiet?

The NCAA is the problem they have done nothing for years. That's is why it is this bad. Everyone knew crap was going on but the people in charge yeah right they knew. I wonder if NCAA big wigs were getting cash under the table to keep quiet?

The NCAA is toothless when it comes to fighting this stuff.
They want sponsorships, TV ratings, TV sponsors, etc., but then at the same time, they would be the bad guys if they punish U of Miami, UNC, Etc., because of backlash.

At best, they can try to put a veil of governance over the association, but the big Universities are the brands that feed them the cash through TV deals, and the shoe companies are the sponsors to help the league be successful.

It's a fine line on how much you want to enforce with your right hand, while you accept large sums of cash from sponsors with the left hand.

The NCAA is toothless when it comes to fighting this stuff.
They want sponsorships, TV ratings, TV sponsors, etc., but then at the same time, they would be the bad guys if they punish U of Miami, UNC, Etc., because of backlash.

At best, they can try to put a veil of governance over the association, but the big Universities are the brands that feed them the cash through TV deals, and the shoe companies are the sponsors to help the league be successful.

It's a fine line on how much you want to enforce with your right hand, while you accept large sums of cash from sponsors with the left hand.
I get that, but honestly, I don't care.

The NCAA has essentially abrogated their responsibilities in this area. And as a result, have allowed the current climate to spin completely out of control. In other words, they've displayed a love of the perks while almost systematically trying their best to ignore the dung-heap their Division I, revenue sports have become in dark corners.

Therefore, I really couldn't care less what their excuses or explanations are. It's all self-serving B.S. and has been for a very long time.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Maturi will look at all the information provided, and his answer will be....

...contract extension.

Instead of all of this talk of shutting down the NCAA, isnt it just clear the NCAA just needs new leadership? Kind of like when a company has a scandal. They fire the CEO and upper management, not shut down the entire company. There needs to be new leadership willing to investigate and punish infractions.

Instead of all of this talk of shutting down the NCAA, isnt it just clear the NCAA just needs new leadership? Kind of like when a company has a scandal. They fire the CEO and upper management, not shut down the entire company. There needs to be new leadership willing to investigate and punish infractions.

The will to investigate has in the past been offset by the lack of subpoena power.

Top Bottom