Gophers Big Ten Basketball Schedule Announced

DanielHouse

Reaction score
The Big Ten Conference has announced the 2017-18 basketball schedule for the Gophers. The conference slate kicks off on Dec. 3 at home against Rutgers. Two days later, the Gophers will travel to Nebraska to begin their road schedule. Minnesota will have a pivotal matchup against Purdue at Williams Arena on Jan. 13. In addition, they host Michigan State on Feb. 3 and travel to Wisconsin on the 19th. The Big Ten Tournament will take place on Feb. 28-March 3 at Madison Square Garden. It will be held earlier due to the Big East Tournament already being booked at the venue.

Here's the complete schedule:

Glad they are going to awesome this year - it should help combat an otherwise "meh" home schedule for the season ticket holders.

Looks like we'll have a really interesting finish to the season with Michigan St, @Wisconsin, Iowa, and @Purdue.

That's about as favorable a first 10 game stretch that I've ever seen. Should really be about 8-2 at worst.

Looks like we'll have a really interesting finish to the season with Michigan St, @Wisconsin, Iowa, and @Purdue.

@Indiana no matter how much they lost should be tough too right before that stretch. Have to imagine they'll be playing Archie's physical brand of basketball by then. If the Michigan St game at home is the title decider we all hope it is...they play Purdue right before they play us which is always a physical game. Wisconsin will also have Purdue 4 days before we go to Madison. It's going to be a tough last 5 but the schedule also gives us a chance to get off to a good start. I can't wait for the season now.

Upon further review this whole thing sucks. Since when do we play B1G games on Mondays? We have TWO Saturday home games? And the month break between B1G game 2 and 3 is so stupid. I was going to be a first time season ticket holder this year - but this NY crap (between the lost home game and the BTT) takes so much wind out of my sails. Consider me sour.

Upon further review this whole thing sucks. Since when do we play B1G games on Mondays? We have TWO Saturday home games? And the month break between B1G game 2 and 3 is so stupid. I was going to be a first time season ticket holder this year - but this NY crap (between the lost home game and the BTT) takes so much wind out of my sails. Consider me sour.

+1

Best Gopher squad in 20 years. Relax and start to sweeten!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wait is there really a month between games?

Three less home games this year compared to last year including the loss of 1 Big Ten game and 1 power conference game - yet the season ticket price remained the same from last year to this year. It will be interesting to see if the ticket prices remain the same for the 2018-19 season when the schedule returns to "normal" (i.e. 9 Big Ten home games).

Top Bottom