Laugh at poor Frank Kaminsky Here

here is the entire back and forth. i thought gh response was great!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

another Twitter pissing match, yawn

advice-yoda-gives-too-serious-you-are-lighten-up-you-should.jpg

here is the entire back and forth. i thought gh response was great!

Haha these are great. Thanks to Frank for spotlighting the Hole!

Actually, Frank seems like a good guy. The GH tweet was obnoxious and uncalled for. Dakich is clearly an asswipe, immature, bitter, etc... How dare he say that **** to Frank. Pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

First GH tweet was good. Frank's response was better. 2nd GH tweet was desperate. Frank 1 - GH 0.

Maybe he needs to worry more about his own game. Softer than Brook Lopez, worse shooter than Ricky Rubio.

I mean he's not wrong refs have been brutal both ways. No flow to this game

Actually, Frank seems like a good guy. The GH tweet was obnoxious and uncalled for. Dakich is clearly an asswipe, immature, bitter, etc... How dare he say that **** to Frank. Pathetic.

He sounds like a soon to be out of work moron. Then he'll realize he is no different than "the other students". What an ass.

Speaking truthfully is uncalled for?

If you think that was a respectful way for Dakich to talk to Frank, then we'll just disagree. Frank at least showed some composure. Dakich was the ass. Everyone knows Dakich is an ass. Everyone knows GH'ers hate Badgers and will jump on them any chance they get.

If you think that was a respectful way for Dakich to talk to Frank, then we'll just disagree. Frank at least showed some composure. Dakich was the ass. Everyone knows Dakich is an ass. Everyone knows GH'ers hate Badgers and will jump on them any chance they get.

If you go out of your way to basically call someone ignorant because they express an opinion you don't share, that's not exactly being composed and respectful.

Sure, Dakich is an ass. It is what it is. Doesn't mean he's wrong. I thought they both made some decent points and some stupid points. It makes some sense that players should have an opportunity to gain extra income from promotional opportunities while they are still in college, but that's also a very slippery slope. And there are also plenty of guys on every roster who are already getting a really sweet deal because they never provide value for their scholarship on the court/field/etc. We could probably all have a debate about many aspects of this because there are so many tentacles to it.

But I do get a little sick and tired of the NCAA athletes who make it seem like they have such a tough life when they get a totally free education for playing a game. I didn't like when Frank makes the argument that student-athletes are completely different than regular students. Many students have jobs during school and work a great deal while also attending classes, participating in extracurriculars, taking steps to prepare for a post-college career in their field of choice, etc. The idea that he thinks his life was so much harder tells me that he doesn't really get it. So he had to pay some rent in college and didn't make money on the deal? Fine, he should sit down and talk to the guy who worked twenty hours a week throughout school and still came out with tens of thousands in student loans and isn't stepping into a job paying millions per year.

Wisconsin basketball would still make lots of money without Frank Kaminsky. The same cannot be said of Frank Kaminsky without Wisconsin basketball.

Dakich is a complete clown. I would love to hear one good reason why a player shouldn't be able to make money from his own autograph.

Dakich is a complete clown. I would love to hear one good reason why a player shouldn't be able to make money from his own autograph.

Players already can do that. They just have to go pro. If a player thinks he can make more money by doing it on his own then there is nothing stopping him from doing that.

Because then boosters at places like Bama have an obvious loophole to become legal bag men and it instantly becomes a contest to see who can promise recruits more money "for their signatures"

Because then boosters at places like Bama have an obvious loophole to become legal bag men and it instantly becomes a contest to see who can promise recruits more money "for their signatures"

They already are so why not let other players at other schools do the same. We are delusional if we think these powerhouse programs aren't cheating

Players already can do that. They just have to go pro. If a player thinks he can make more money by doing it on his own then there is nothing stopping him from doing that.

So how does that make sense. If a student was a rapper, actor, or singer, they are able to get paid signing autographs. Putting restrictions on athletes is an antiquated way of thinking

They already are so why not let other players at other schools do the same. We are delusional if we think these powerhouse programs aren't cheating

I don't feel that "schools are already cheating so we should just make it legal" constitutes a valid argument so I'm not sure how to respond. I'll throw in my thoughts on your other point instead. Athletes are free to earn money off their skills, they make a choice between going pro or going to the NCAA. I'm free to earn money off something I invent, I make the choice between trying to sell it independently or having it covered under an EA I sign with my employer.

So how does that make sense. If a student was a rapper, actor, or singer, they are able to get paid signing autographs. Putting restrictions on athletes is an antiquated way of thinking

I've never said I'm necessarily against players receiving additional compensation through promotional stuff or autographs. I just don't think it is as simple as some make it out to be. The line would get really blurry. If you go that far then boosters are going to throw money at 17-18 year olds to get them to attend a certain school. "I'll give you $100k to sign these ten basketballs, but only if you sign with Florida." Stuff like that becomes legal, and I don't think that's a good road to go down.

And again, in the current setup there isn't anything stopping a player from signing autographs for money. They just have to forfeit their college eligibility if they want to do that. It's no different than a singer or actor. It's not like they get kicked out of school for it.

Lots of people commit murder, theft, rape, and so on. Should we make all of those legal as well?

Lots of people commit murder, theft, rape, and so on. Should we make all of those legal as well?

So getting paid for your likeness in college = murder, rape, and theft. It's an antiquating rule that was made before college sport reached it's current state as a multi-billion dollar industry. Pitino and Fleck can have paid autograph sessions but a player can't. Explain to me the reasoning behind stopping players from making money on their likeness. The team that was celebrated as champs just played in a championship with a pending scandal and we didn't hear it mentioned once during tournament coverage.

I've never said I'm necessarily against players receiving additional compensation through promotional stuff or autographs. I just don't think it is as simple as some make it out to be. The line would get really blurry. If you go that far then boosters are going to throw money at 17-18 year olds to get them to attend a certain school. "I'll give you $100k to sign these ten basketballs, but only if you sign with Florida." Stuff like that becomes legal, and I don't think that's a good road to go down.

And again, in the current setup there isn't anything stopping a player from signing autographs for money. They just have to forfeit their college eligibility if they want to do that. It's no different than a singer or actor. It's not like they get kicked out of school for it.

I understand your reasoning but these schools that you claim will have bidding wars for player are already signing the top players anyway so explain to me what's so different about athletes in school getting paid while they are getting notoriety on campus. These kids put in a lot of work and the free education argument is non sense when UNC has their bs going on and players being forced to take easier majors by coaches so it doesn't interfere with their sport.

He sounds like a soon to be out of work moron. .

Kaminsky's last four games, all off the bench:
4/02 v Thunder 25 min 18 points
3/31 v Nuggets 27 min 22 points
3/29 v Raptors 19 min 13 points
3/28 v Bucks 27 min 20 points

Doesn't look to me like he is going to be out of work soon.

Frankly (pun intended), I understand the hate for all things Wisconsin, but Kaminsky comes off as a genuine, goofy guy. He was respectful of his teammates and opponents when working hard to improve from a dorky sub to consensus All-American at Wisconsin, and an interesting follow on social media as a pro. Hard for me to hate him.

Top Bottom