Crookston Times: Did Minnesota Gophers choke?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Crookston Times:

So did Minnesota choke or did Middle Tennessee get lucky once again? Minnesota entered the tournament limiting opponents to a Big Ten best 39.8 percent from the field. All Middle Tennessee had to do was shoot 48.3 percent. After a 16-3 Minnesota run trimmed Middle Tennessee’s lead to four points, Upshaw buried a 3-pointer with 6:28 remaining. The shot gave the Blue Raiders a 65-58 lead, fueling a 10-3 burst that stymied the comeback.

Well...if Minnesota would have beaten Middle Tennessee there was a good chance of them beating Butler, and making it to the Sweet Sixteen. If so, they would’ve taken on the number one seed in the south, North Carolina, who took second last year to Villanova. You can say Minnesota choked but look at all the upsets this tournament has had throughout the years. Or even look at Michigan State last year. Who would have guessed? If anything, Minnesota just had a bad day and lost. There is nothing they can do about it, and will have to deal with it. Minnesota ended the year 24-9.

http://www.crookstontimes.com/sports/20170331/did-minnesota-gophers-choke

Go Gophers!!

Crookston Times? Is that similar to reading the Timberjay?

Crookston Times just hear about the game today?

Its from a high school student who was writing an article for them. I assume they invite a student to write an article every once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea who this writer is, but they don't have a good grasp on things at all. It was a pretty even matchup. Hard to call anything a choke in an even matchup. Not like we blew a big lead.

And the idea that we probably would have won vs Butler is kind of odd. Butler is a good team as well, and would have been favored by 2-5 points against us.

The Gophers didn't play well, if that's what the guy means by choking. I saw a lot of teams not play well, including Virginia, who didn't look like a competent D2 team in their second-round game.

I realize this is just a kid, but it's tough to label something a choke when you're a betting underdog.

Its from a high school student who was writing an article for them. I assume they invite a student to write an article every once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read the online article. I had read just Bleed's notes before. If they would have taken out the headline I'd give the student an A. Otherwise a B- due to the headline.

Top Bottom