Sid: Pitino excited to work with Curry, "great chance to take a huge step forward."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Sid: Pitino excited to work with Curry, "great chance to take a huge step forward."

per Sid:

•Gophers men's basketball coach Richard Pitino said one of the key players who could greatly improve this offseason is freshman Eric Curry, who averaged 5.5 points and 5.2 rebounds this season. "He's probably one of the most, for me, exciting guys I get to work with over the summer because I think he can really, really evolve as a terrific player. He can play the point, he can play the five, he has great length. … I think it's a great offseason for him and a great chance to take a huge step forward."

http://m.startribune.com/gophers-fo...k-starts-the-task-of-team-building/416988034/

Go Gophers!!

Curry gave us some great minutes this year. He's gonna be a monster at some point in his career - hopefully next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Curry ever plays the point it means half our team is hurt/suspended and we are in deep, deep trouble

Don Nelson created the first "point-forward" with Paul Pressey on the '80s Bucks. Can Pitino make Curry the first "point-center"?

I believe the point is that he has tremdous upside, and Pitino is excited to work with him, and help him develop over the off-season.

Did anybody get your joke?

"It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether." "It's an entirely different kind of flying." Nobody got that one either.

Hopefully he bulks up a bit. Be nice if we could see more Curry and less Konate at the five. Especially if Fitz can come in and be a stretch four

Don Nelson created the first "point-forward" with Paul Pressey on the '80s Bucks. Can Pitino make Curry the first "point-center"?

Magic Johnson was a point center...At least he played center in the finals with Kareem out.

Magic Johnson was a point center...At least he played center in the finals with Kareem out.

Giannis is pretty much a point center as well.

I'm excited to see Curry develop, we haven't had a big man like him since I've been a fan.

Top Bottom