Will Kelsey Mitchell Retrun to the Buckeyes??

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.scout.com/college/ohio-state/story/1765665-ohio-state-s-kelsey-mitchell-unsure-on-future

LEXINGTON, Ky. - Ohio State junior guard Kelsey Mitchell said she hasn't yet thought about her future with the Buckeyes as it pertains to the 2017-18 season and does not have a timetable for when she will make a decision to stay or leave Columbus.

The deadline for players to declare for the WNBA Draft is soon after the NCAA national title game, which is set to be played April 2 in Dallas.

Mitchell, a two-time Big Ten Player of the Year and All-American, would be eligible for the 2017 WNBA Draft set to take place April 10. In women's basketball, a player has to turn 22 by the end of the draft year to be eligible and Mitchell is set to turn 22 in early November.

When asked what it would take to get Ohio State to make a deeper tournament run next season, Mitchell had a well thought out answer.

"We are going to take these next couple of weeks off then grind the whole summer," she said. "That is what it is going to take. You have to grind it out from start to finish. Not just when you want to. You can't pick and choose when you want to do stuff. You've got to grow as a team."

I think she stays. I kinda feel bad for her. She seems like a great person but, the way this whole thing was set up, her dad's career and sister's education potentially hang in the balance if she is thinking of going pro now.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032917aaa.html

The suspense is over.

Ohio State junior guard Kelsey Mitchell will return for her senior season with the women's basketball program.

Mitchell released the following statement:

"Getting a degree from The Ohio State University was one of my top goals when coming to college and I look forward to completing my degree next spring. My teammates and I also have a number of goals we have yet to accomplish on the court. One of those goals is to play in the Final Four and we have a tremendous opportunity to do that next year here in Columbus. I'm excited to get back in the gym with my teammates and continue to work to get better."

Top Bottom