Technical on Pitino

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Did anyone else think it looked like the official who gave him a T was kinda egging him on? Pitino said something, then walked away and the ref chased him into the huddle. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Not blaming the refs on the loss, just thought it was a little odd.

Pitino said he deserved it. I was disappointed he didn't get another one

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Did anyone else think it looked like the official who gave him a T was kinda egging him on? Pitino said something, then walked away and the ref chased him into the huddle. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I wrote that in the game thread. He totally goaded him into that T.

Bilas commented on Twitter that there was no reason for refs to follow coaches in to huddles. In my opinion, the ref was probably ticked off by something Pitino said and wanted to hear him say another "magic" word. When the ref followed Pitino in to the huddle, I think Pitino's anger went up another notch or two. I believe the whole sequence started with a non-call on a Coffey attempted dunk.

Clearly took the high road and wants the respects of the ref.

I don't disagree with that. I understood why he was so upset too.

I think the ref wanted to give him a T but needed just one more thing said and that is why he chased Pitino down.

Bilas commented on Twitter that there was no reason for refs to follow coaches in to huddles. In my opinion, the ref was probably ticked off by something Pitino said and wanted to hear him say another "magic" word. When the ref followed Pitino in to the huddle, I think Pitino's anger went up another notch or two. I believe the whole sequence started with a non-call on a Coffey attempted dunk.

There were a few key junctures in the game, and that non-call on Coffey was one of them. Most of the others were self inflicted, but if Coffey gets that call...

Watching Wichita State beat Dayton yesterday reminds me that sometimes teams can gut out a win even if they're not playing well. Dayton looked like the better team, but the Shockers found a way. If a few things go differently in the Gophers' game the other day... Sigh.

Looked like it. He was over there listening to coach jaw then acted like he didn't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

He said he deserved it, but that official has no business following Pitino back to the MN huddle. The tech was warranted and it was a combination of things -- His frustration with his team's lack of defense, shots not falling and not getting a few calls. They called a lot of ticky-tack stuff on the Gophers, and then Coffey goes hard to the basket for a dunk, gets clobbered and no call.

Teddy on the radio..."Frankly, Bulls fans, he used a certain word that's a no-no with umpires." Millie..."Crash musta called the guy a c##ks##ker".....Bull Durham

He said he deserved it, but that official has no business following Pitino back to the MN huddle. The tech was warranted and it was a combination of things -- His frustration with his team's lack of defense, shots not falling and not getting a few calls. They called a lot of ticky-tack stuff on the Gophers, and then Coffey goes hard to the basket for a dunk, gets clobbered and no call.

I think the non-call that really threw him over the edge was when one of their players with the ball just shoved a defender out of the way. It was so blatant and obvious, I even saw it from the nosebleeds. I knew he was going to get T'd up after that.

What ref wouldn't want to pad his ref cred by T-ING up a Pitino?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom