Announcers

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
Why can't Turner find better announcers (mainly color commentators) for their channels during this tournament? The amount of mistakes they make is astounding. The lady today during the gopher game was awful. I thought she was Doris Burke at first. The color commentator at the Salt Lake City site today (Vandy vs NW, st Mary's vs vcu etc) is almost as tough to listen to. Any thoughts?

The person doing our color commentary called Reggie Upshaw "Reggie Lynch" about a dozen times. And of course in our PC world, the play by play guy won't correct her.

Blackburn the PP guy is good.

The other guy is some grey hair old Duke guy from the very early 80's that used to be good, but he does not have much a profile any more, and he seemed sort of weak today.

Doris Burke is very good and I would have liked her to be on the call today, alone with Blackburn. Doris Burke knows her basketball and has a good, non-annoying
, highly knowledgeable delivery. Debbie A. was the woman on the broadcast. She is a former player fro the 1980s and is OK, but I'd take Doris Burke over her. It take both of them over some of the other ESPN windbags we get subjected to.

There are lot of good female commentators in sports and most are former players like the ex Oklahoma player Stacey Dales, who was great, as is LaChina Robinson who does BB games. Of course both are very good looking as well, which helps.

I was had the Wisconsin game on in the background and I realized over a longer period, without really watching the broadcast, that Verne Lundquist's voice was in the background. Verne is the greatest and one of my all time favorite broadcasters of all time. VL is a Minnesotan by birth, a great broadcaster, and everyone that works with him worships him.

Play by play women like Pam Ward and

I didn't think it was that bad. Sure, they made plenty of mistakes, but that's the reality of having so many games at once all on a network that doesn't exclusively do sports. And I don't really care what they have to say anyways. It's basically background noise. PBP guy was pretty solid.

The announcing performance wasn't any worse than that of Nate Mason and I'll still cheer for Nate next year.

Lazy prep work, either by the talent or the researchers. Springs and his terrible ACL injury; Gophers with no seniors on true team; Mason is only a Sophomore; etc. not that big of a deal until you recognize that this is their job.

This is the single WORST post ever on gopherhole. Doris Burke gets paid per word, which makes her the highest paid announcer in the history of sport and to boot she has never said one comment that was worthwhile. I can't watch/listen to any broadcast that she is part of.

Play by play women like Pam Ward and[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom