Reuvers vs. Hurt 1AAAA Final

BlueinaseaofGold

Reaction score
Anyone know if this will be on a local access channel or streamed online, would love to see these two going head to head in person but won't be able to make it. Predictions?

I've watched both JM and LN play this year, and would expect North to win by 10+ points. Hurt is special, but Lakeville has a much better supporting cast around Reuvers.

If John Marshall couldn't get it done with both Hurt brothers I doubt they can with just one. Reuvers has more talent surrounding him and a better coach, Lakeville North should win

My wife's a JM alum, and we're going down to catch it...and then on to Milwaukee for the Round of 32!

Lakeville North

Anyone know if this will be on a local access channel or streamed online, would love to see these two going head to head in person but won't be able to make it. Predictions?

Mathew Hurt is a legit top 5 in the country kind of a player. However, he spends half of the game on offense AND half on defense at the three point line. He is unstoppable offensively around the basket.
He blocks shots at will, all without fouling. (Hard to do from 3 point line) Yes he can make threes as well but there is no discernible plan, no set plays, no help, guidance as to what JM does offensively or when they do it. Defensively JM has no clue. If any team went 5 out they'd shoot layups at will. There is absolutely no help side defense. The defenders hug their assignment 45 feet from the ball in both corners for instance and stay there or anywhere else on the floor. Farmington is not good. Nobody over 6'2 and not all are that tall. JM was EXCITED to be ahead 21-19 at the half. Farmington's only Scoring Kid had a chronic injury and kept leaving the game or it would have gone to the wire. At JM vs a bad team.

Hurt is good enough to win the game single handedly but I'd say Lakeville North by double figures...and depending possibly a lot. Agree with LN predictions. Hurt was awesome versus New Prague. Lakeville North expects to win. Better scheme, better fundamentals, more weapons utilized, more confidence.

Matthew Hurt is clearly better than Reuvers or anybody else. Hurt and teammates just get no direction. Sorry, it's just sad to watch. But Hurt is extremely talented and fun to watch!!!

Talent is similar. Oxton is one of the best coaches in the state. Thompson isn't. Give me Lakeville North.

Any updates on this? Nevermind. Game is Friday, not tonight.

Top Bottom