Michael Wilbon has the Gophers going to the Sweet 16

Lakers612

Banned
Reaction score

So do i but I am a homer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

brucekaupa has the Gophers going to the Elite 8.

did he say which year?

sadly, I have them losing. to FSU in the title game. Nate: get plenty of rest in between games

North Carolina is probably to long and athletic for the Gophers, otherwise I'm all in, playing in the second week anyway.

Steve Lappas (CBS) another guy that picked Gophers to go to Sweet 16.

So we're either going down in flames in the first round or playing into the second weekend. Got it.

I always pick the gophers to lose when they make the NCAA just as a safety net. There is no lose lose. If the gophers lose at least my bracket doesn't go down in flames too.

As you can imagine I don't gamble much, get 8 hours of sleep a night, take vitamins, and chew my food slow so I don't bite my tongue. #YOLO

I always pick the gophers to lose when they make the NCAA just as a safety net. There is no lose lose. If the gophers lose at least my bracket doesn't go down in flames too.

As you can imagine I don't gamble much, get 8 hours of sleep a night, take vitamins, and chew my food slow so I don't bite my tongue. #YOLO

Your a real risk taker!

I've always tried to pick long shots no one else would pick to win the cashe! Hasn't worked since Villanova upset Georgetown, however.

I'm tempted to put $100 on MTSU. If the Gophers lose, I get $100ish. If they win, I don't care cause they won.

I'm tempted to put $100 on MTSU. If the Gophers lose, I get $100ish. If they win, I don't care cause they won.

Now this is my mentality. I'd easily pay $100 for the gophers to win a game. And if they lose you can buy a ton of beer to drown the sorrows.

I was listening to the Seth Davis Podcast with him, Mike DeCourcy, and Fran Fraschilla. Seth took MTSU to go to the Sweet 16, although he admittedly picked more upsets than he probably should have (I think he said he had 5 double digit seeds in the Sweet 16). Fran took the Gophs to go to the Sweet 16, saying he liked them when he saw them in person, like the way they play, thought that they wouldn't overlook MTSU and then beat Butler. DeCoursy didn't really pick the game, just said he expected Carolina to get out of their half of the region and that the Gophers were a very good defensive team, limited on offense, and would be hurt by the loss of Springs.

Now this is my mentality. I'd easily pay $100 for the gophers to win a game. And if they lose you can buy a ton of beer to drown the sorrows.

EXACTLY. I'll do the same every round, increasing the bets as needed. If I lose $1000 and they win a national title...worth it.

I want to put something big together for the Wisconsin football game next year. Everyone that gives a damn needs to bet as much money as they are willing to lose on Wisconsin to win outright.

I do this regularly (though not $100). It's been an expensive season, most of my Vikings winnings from November-December are gone :cool:

I may have to find a bookie! I like the concept! Absolutely willing to pay $100 for the Gophers to win in the NCAA's. and Maybe even more next year...ha And right now, more than that for the doggone Gophers to beat Wisconsin in football!!!

I do this regularly (though not $100). It's been an expensive season, most of my Vikings winnings from November-December are gone :cool:

It's not looking good so far in the free agency sweepstakes for the vikings. We have lost like 9 guys of our own, somebody else liked them enough to sign them. And signed two average at best linemen for $36 million guaranteed. Norv walked, all the free agents left, Greenway retired...nobody seems to want to be here?

I may have to find a bookie! I like the concept! Absolutely willing to pay $100 for the Gophers to win in the NCAA's. and Maybe even more next year...ha And right now, more than that for the doggone Gophers to beat Wisconsin in football!!!

Over time, a Minnesota sports fan can get rich through his own misery. If the Vikings ever make the Super Bowl they might have to pull it off the board. But never bet the spread. If they're 2 point underdogs you just know they'll lose by 3.

I like it. Maybe add another bet against making the sixteen then as well.

I bet pretty large on the sweet 16 money line and will then bet UNC money line.

What I remember most about Wilbon:

He absolutely trashed Minnesota for being fools and firing Tubby Smith. "Who do they think they are?!"

Then he had high praise for the Richard Pitino hire. "A home run hire!" (or something like that.)

Hey Michael Wilbon may be a genius! picking Minny to the sweet 16! He also picked Wisconsin to the final four. I got you to the round of 32.

Why is this newsworthy? I think just about every team in the Big Ten can beat Middle Tennessee and Winthrop back to back.

Top Bottom