Gophers 1 point favorites vs Middle TN State

It's now a pick 'em.

Gophers got the best possible seed they could get (#5), but the downside is they drew a team that was grossly underseeded. Middle Tennessee is more like an 8 or 9 seed.

It's now a pick 'em.

Gophers got the best possible seed they could get (#5), but the downside is they drew a team that was grossly underseeded. Middle Tennessee is more like an 8 or 9 seed.

Pickem is a good scenario if you were wagering on the 5 seed; what Vegas is eliminating is the value of betting on the "upset" in this game

My guess is all the public money will be on MTS, they want to pick the 5-12 upset, they see the 30-4 record, etc. Sharp betters will probably hammer the Gophers if the line stays a pick'em

I'd be over confident if Springs was available. Without him we are still definitely better, more tested on paper. Their strength of schedule is 152, ours is 22. RPI vs top 50 teams: we are 7 and 7, they are 2 and 1. Top 51-100 we are 5 and 1 and they are 2 and 0. They are 193rd in rebounding. They are 90th in shooting threes %. They shoot well from 2. We play good defense and we block shots and we rebound. I wouldn't think we are a good matchup for them. Adjusting to the Referees will be important. Lynch and Murphy can't get two early fouls leaving us just hoping to be close at the half. GO Gophers!

It's now a pick 'em.

The so called experts have the Gopher game as the most likely upset this weekend out of their Top ten upsets for the weekend. The Gophers have plenty of motivation for this game I hope they show everyone why they are a 5 seed.

Top Bottom