Sunday's Game Vs Michigan Just Got More Interesting!

Twinsfan007

Reaction score
This just became a huge game! If it wasn't before it certainly is now. After the Wolverines knocked off Wisky they'll be ready for the road. Hopefully Pitino and Co. have the guys up for the challenge. Should be a good game!

Ya, can't be looking ahead to Maryland. They'll be ready to go. I think MN will finish 4-1 and be playing their best ball in time for March!

Michigan is the 3rd or 4th best team in the B1G in my opinion. This will be a very tough game for the Gophers. Another strength on strength matchup of Michigan's O vs our D.

I think our advantage will be the ability to defend the 3. Wagner is a Euro center who can beat you from anywhere. I'm not sure who we get to guard him. Perhaps Coffey at 6'8" is our best bet. I can also see Curry having a big role in th is game. It should be a great game.

If I heard them right, Michigan has one true road win this year.

Either way, it would have been and will be a tough game. Pitino has yet to defeat Beilein, I think. The only Big Ten team he is winless against.

But I would rather play Michigan after they defeat Wiscy instead of the other way around. Seems like college kids are almost always prone to a letdown game after they pull the big emotional home upset of the conference leader. If they would have lost, at 6-7 in conference play, I think Michigan would have been more desperate and motivated. I am hoping they now won't be as focused and maybe over-confident. Sound reasoning, right? ;)

The Gophers' offense is really what scares me in this one. Oh, wait....that's every game.

Michigan is having a heck of a 10 day run, beat Michigan State at home, beat Indiana in Bloomington and then beat Wisky. Looks like they're at the top of their game. Should be quite a game Sunday.

From ESPN:
Wisconsin loss drops it into a three-way tie with Purdue and Maryland for first place in the Big Ten. Badgers-Terps on Sunday will be final head-to-head game among the top three. Boilermakers would win the tiebreaker with a 2-0 record vs Wisconsin & Maryland.

From ESPN:
Wisconsin loss drops it into a three-way tie with Purdue and Maryland for first place in the Big Ten. Badgers-Terps on Sunday will be final head-to-head game among the top three. Boilermakers would win the tiebreaker with a 2-0 record vs Wisconsin & Maryland.

Maryland is clearly the best team in the league.

This just became a huge game! If it wasn't before it certainly is now. After the Wolverines knocked off Wisky they'll be ready for the road. Hopefully Pitino and Co. have the guys up for the challenge. Should be a good game!

I like to think we have an advantage being at home with the extra day off. Still, should be a battle

Vagner may give us some trouble but it is always interesting to see the Best 3pt% shooting team vs. the best 3pt% defense. History shows that defense is more consistent than offense and their defense allows the best 3pt% against them.

So Go Gopher Victory!!

At Michigan we lose by 10, at home we win, Michigan is on a hot streak though, a blow out of Mich State and a win against Wisconsin in the last week and a half is someone you will have to be at your best to beat.

As I watched the game last night, I realized how close our team is...Michigan is a perimeter team, prone to turnovers and not a very good defensive team. Wisconsin, is not the best team in the conference..you look at all those close games, including with us, that could have gone either way. Happ's kryptonite is two-fold; he is a post up player only (think I heard he has only made 4 shots beyond 8' all year) and does not recognize/handle the double well at all. WITHOUT Happ, Wisconsin becomes a jump shooting team only. IMO, Purdue is playing their best ball of the year right now and I would take them over Maryland.

We could win out...not easy, but doable.

As I watched the game last night, I realized how close our team is...Michigan is a perimeter team, prone to turnovers and not a very good defensive team. Wisconsin, is not the best team in the conference..you look at all those close games, including with us, that could have gone either way. Happ's kryptonite is two-fold; he is a post up player only (think I heard he has only made 4 shots beyond 8' all year) and does not recognize/handle the double well at all. WITHOUT Happ, Wisconsin becomes a jump shooting team only. IMO, Purdue is playing their best ball of the year right now and I would take them over Maryland.

Michigan turns the ball over less than anyone in the B1G - only 9.4 per game. They give up the 3rd least amount of points per game in the B1G only behind Wisconsin and Northwestern.

A big reason why? They play SLOW. Adjusted tempo is 345th in the country according to Ken Pom. That's slower than Wisconsin.

Badgers were without their best shooter last night and he has played a game or two on a bum leg. With that loss, they were forced to play with a really inexperienced freshman point guard, which is a potential disaster for any team at this time of year. If Koenig ends up on the shelf for any time, I don't like their chances. If he comes back strong, I'm not ready to bury them.

Yup. No Bronson last night and it was clearly evident that they missed him big time. Wisc wins that game with Bronson in the line up...no question.

Yup. No Bronson last night and it was clearly evident that they missed him big time. Wisc wins that game with Bronson in the line up...no question.

Without Koenig, we would have won the first game against Whisky.

Top Bottom