Indiana Game

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
For some reason this game makes me nervous. Creen called out his players...Media is calling for his job...return of Blackmon(although he has been a none factor).

Looks like it will be a fairly packed Barn.

Go Gophers

As Pitino mentioned in presser, all the players can do is focus on their own game / approach. Need to play smart / aggressive - I hope it's a 30 pt blowout

Stomp on their throat early.

Build a 15-point lead at half, and hope the 2nd half gets cancelled.

Stomp on their throat early.

Build a 15-point lead at half, and hope the 2nd half gets cancelled.

OMG! This should go in the classic post thread! (if we had one)

Every game makes me nervous because I'm a life long Gopher fan.

I'm always nervous. I was going to turn of Iowa with under 5 minutes left, but I told myself I had to make myself watch it. So I sat there, telling myself they would lose, but I was going to endure it, rather than turn it off and check the score later.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets nervous!! :)

I turned both of the last two games on later in the game (kids). I tune in. We start ****ting the bed. I turn off (superstitious) and we win.

You're all welcome.

Doesn't bother me. It is just a game. I cheer hard during the the game, and make comment on the game site but really, in the grand scheme of things, a win or loss is not Armageddon. It use to really bother me in my younger days to the point if they lost I couldn't sleep that night. I will say what still bothers me are the people who sit on their hands at the Barn and at TCF. Once during the Musselman years I almost got into a fight because a guy told me to shut up and sit down. I probably would have drilled him if my girlfriend hadn't been there. Ah, the serenity of old age.

Doesn't bother me. It is just a game. I cheer hard during the the game, and make comment on the game site but really, in the grand scheme of things, a win or loss is not Armageddon. It use to really bother me in my younger days to the point if they lost I couldn't sleep that night. I will say what still bothers me are the people who sit on their hands at the Barn and at TCF. Once during the Musselman years I almost got into a fight because a guy told me to shut up and sit down. I probably would have drilled him if my girlfriend hadn't been there. Ah, the serenity of old age.
I think you mean the senility of old age. [emoji41]

In my opinion, if you pay for a ticket to attend any sporting event, you are entitled to stand whenever and how much you please. Period. Anyone that asks/tells you to sit down is rude and out of line. Obviously if the person sitting behind you is a little kid/very elderly/disabled/etc. it's generally nice to keep that in mind - but even in those cases, I don't think anyone is ever obligated to sit down.

When I feel myself start getting nervous or mad I try and tell myself that the players and coaches should always feel just as bad or worse. Deflection works.

When I feel myself start getting nervous or mad I try and tell myself that the players and coaches should always feel just as bad or worse. Deflection works.

i need to do find better ways to cope. I walked away and then checked the score. Turned it back on in time to catch the recap.

I think part of the difference now is it's easier to turn it off and walk away, knowing you'll be able to catch the replay on various channels and online afterwards if you want to re-live it.

i need to do find better ways to cope. I walked away and then checked the score. Turned it back on in time to catch the recap.

I think part of the difference now is it's easier to turn it off and walk away, knowing you'll be able to catch the replay on various channels and online afterwards if you want to re-live it.

Here's how pathetic I was last night. I had recorded the game and watched later. At halftime, I didn't feel good how we were playing, so, I peeked to see if we won (I didn't want to see the final score, just if we won or lost). I saw we won, and you wouldn't believe how enjoyable it was to watch the second half with NO nerves. At the end of the game, I just wondered how we'd win it. Yea, I know it's weak and I didn't get that end of the game rush, but there is something really relaxing to watch it stress free. Now, if I had seen they lost, I would have just deleted it and not suffered through the misery.

Top Bottom