BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Sport: Basketball
Years: 2004-05
Graduation Year: 2005
Hometown: South Minneapolis, Minn.
Occupation: Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach at the U of Minnesota

What is it you miss most about the University?
Even though I still work within the University, I still miss being a college student and what that embodies. The events, being able to compete again, walking campus, attending class with friends...being a college student.

If you could give the current student-athletes any piece of advice, what would it be?
The piece of advice I would give current-athletes would be to enjoy the experience as much as possible. Do not be in a hurry to graduate and "get out." The relationships and experiences you develop here truly do last a lifetime and once they are gone, they are gone. Slow yourself down and don't be in a rush to grow up. Get all you can out of your time here. Try new things.

Please share your favorite university or athletic event you've attended since you graduated and what made it so special to you?
Selfishly for me, the opportunity to coach at Williams Area and experience Golden Gopher basketball is something very special to me that I love still being able to experience that! There is nothing like home games, especially once we get into Big Ten conference play and the Barn gets rocking. It becomes an event that I think is second to none.

What are you grateful for?
I am grateful that I have the opportunity here at the University of Minnesota to give back. I am grateful that I can work daily with student-athletes and help them grow and mature, both on and off the court.

What does Black History Month mean to you?
For me Black History Month is a time to reflect more on the accomplishments and strides that African American men and women have made over the years, and the obstacles we have overcame throughout history. Celebrating all the influential people who have helped form and make opportunities for others and help set the table for us as a nation to continue our growth. It's about honoring those African Americans before us who have shown that color should not limit what you can or cannot accomplish and how color should not put any person in a box. Given the opportunity we can all make a positive difference. Looking back on all the great accomplishments of African Americans throughout time, hopefully it continues to show why there is no room in today's society for hatred, ignorance or close-minded thinking. And hopefully this is a month to help motivate our youth and force them to strive to become the best and work daily to become people of character and change just like those of the past.

What occupies your time now?
Currently I am pretty busy working as an assistant men's basketball coach here at the U.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/021117aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom