Mn Daily: Hedstrom Stays Disciplined on and off Court

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.mndaily.com/article/2017/02/hedstrom-stays-disciplined-on-and-off-the-court

The workload of student athletes is challenging. Joanna Hedstrom has taken that challenge head on and thrived under the pressure.

The senior guard graduated summa cum laude from the Carlson School of Management in less than four years. She is working towards a master’s degree in Human Resources.

Hedstrom said staying disciplined and finding the right balance between school and basketball were challenges when trying to graduate early.

“If school is getting frustrating or I feel stressed with that, I can just go shoot or take it out at basketball practice,” Hedstrom said. “If the same thing is happening in basketball I kind of use school as a distraction as well.”

Education is something she grew up valuing. Both of her parents were teachers, so she has always enjoyed school and has had a drive to succeed in class from an early age.

Smart kid, but for the life of me can't figure out why she gets 30 minutes a game?

Top Bottom