Predict the Score @ Rutgers 2-11-17.

Rutgers 81, Gopher 80

We will be up 15 in the first half and pee that away. We'll be up 3 with the ball and a minute to go and dribble it off our foot, allowing Rutgers to tie it with an "and-one" which results in Reggie fouling out. We'll get the ball back with the score tied. Mason will take it up the court and then stand outside the top of the key until 5 seconds are left. Curry will set a pick on his defender, which will result in an easy switch. Mason will throw up a desperation falling-to-the-left 3 pointer at the buzzer and miss to go into OT.

OT will be a light scoring affair. We'll be down three with 20 seconds to go. This time, Mason will get fouled on the drive with the bucket counting. He'll go to the line. The TV announcers will jinx him and he'll miss for the OT loss.

Gophers 84-70. And Murphy Springs and Coffey each with 15+

Dr.Don: Gophers 76-67.

ATL Gopher - Gophers 74 to 68.

This one scares me. My assumption is that they are already in New Jersey and that their alarm clocks will get them up in time for the game. So much for how much amat-pro NCAA cares about their student athletes. Finish playing at 11PM on Wednesday so I assume 1am earliest to sleep (I know I was pretty wired at midnight Eastern time and got maybe 4 hours of sleep). I assume a light practice on Thursday. Travel on Friday with a light practice. Then an 11am Central Time game on Saturday.

Gophers 63
Rutgers 55

This will be an ugly game. Rutgers is a more than competent defensive team that will give our half court offense a fit. On the flip side, Rutgers is a terrible offensive team. On both sides of the ball it's strength on weakness, but we're stronger on both sides of the ball. I think if we keep Rutgers off the offensive glass and get to the FT line and convert at a decent rate, we will win an ugly one.

I hate these kind of games. Coffey & Mason have to be worn out with all the minutes and same with Murphy and Springs against the Hogeyes. The bench needs to pitch in and the starters need to get after it right away. If not, it could be a really ugly game.

Gophers 66-Rutgers 63

Gophers 77 - Rutgers 64

I don't think it will be an impressive win but I do think it will be a comfortable win.

79 Minnesota
61 Rutgers

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Two winners today:

Post #8, tizzom2020 predicted 72-59.
Post #10, Goldy Gopher predicted 71-60.

Final Gophers win 72-63.

Prize: split one frozen over ripe banana.

Top Bottom