Last night was first 2OT win since greatest game in program history (S16 vs Clemson)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

-- Wednesday was the first double-overtime win for the Gophers since they defeated Clemson 90-84 in the NCAA Sweet 16 in 1996-97. In case you forgot (since it no longer exists in the records), they would eventually beat UCLA in the Elite Eight and fall to Kentucky in the Final Four. Officially, it was Minnesota’s first double-overtime win since beating Ohio State 89-80 on Feb. 2, 1983.

-- The Gophers also scored 100 points in a Big Ten game for the first time since a 105-74 win against Northwestern on Jan. 11, 1995. They broke the century mark in conference play three times in 1994, with a 109-78 win at Wisconsin, 106-56 win against Indiana and a 107-96 triple-overtime win against Iowa at the Barn. Those games were vacated. So officially, the last 100-point game in Big Ten play for the Gophers came during the 1990 Elite Eight season. They won 102-80 at Iowa on Feb. 24 and 108-89 against Indiana on Jan. 28 that year.

http://www.startribune.com/postgame...-game-since-1997-final-four-season/413247403/

Go Gophers!!

They broke the century mark in conference play three times in 1994, with a 109-78 win at Wisconsin, 106-56 win against Indiana and a 107-96 triple-overtime win against Iowa at the Barn.
That Indiana game has always stuck in my memory. I still remember Bob Knight absolutely fuming on the sidelines. He could have strangled his entire team. If I recall correctly, he benched all the starters at some point in the second half and they never returned. And the Gophers, meanwhile, shot lights out seemingly all game.

I was at that Indiana game as well. It seemed Bobby gave up about 10 minutes into the game. Even though I bitch about the BTN...I was able to watch the game last night via btn2go down here in Zihuatanejo....Fun times....with today's tech...even though it was on my phone, it was very watchable....

That 1994 triple OT game vs Iowa is the one I will never forget. At the time it was thought to be Voshon Lenard's last home game (talk of him going pro after his junior season was everywhere) and he did not disappoint - a career high 38 points. The shot I remember most vividly was at the end of the first OT - a gopher inbound play, down by 3 with about 2 seconds left. Everyone attending in the gym, watching on TV or listening to Ray knew it was going to Voshon. He received the ball and launched it over at least 3 Hawkeyes for the tie at the buzzer. Voshon was usually not one to wear his emotions on his sleeve, but after that game he walked around the court and high-fived everyone who could get near him. Hard to believe that was 23 years ago!

I was able to watch the game last night via btn2go down here in Zihuatanejo
Have you seen Andy, Red and the boat?

Been there. Loved it. Some restaurant up on the hill south of the downtown....

Anyone know where a video copy of the entire Clemson game can be found?

Top Bottom