Amir Coffey Fan Club

37score

Reaction score
I love how the kid plays. Knows when to push, knows when to slow down. Very few errors.

I'm a fan.

Nice raw talent. He...and a number of our freshman and sophomores...has a long way to go to reach his potential.

I love how the kid plays. Knows when to push, knows when to slow down. Very few errors.

I'm a fan.

Big fan of his in general as well but he actually seemed off all night, almost like he wasn't feeling well for the majority of the game. Still fought through it and made some key plays down the stretch especially.

I am glad that he doesn't have the look of a one and done, I like the idea of having him on the squad next year when he can hopefully mature a bit into the kind of player he seems to have the tools to be.

Big fan of his in general as well but he actually seemed off all night, almost like he wasn't feeling well for the majority of the game. Still fought through it and made some key plays down the stretch especially.

I am glad that he doesn't have the look of a one and done, I like the idea of having him on the squad next year when he can hopefully mature a bit into the kind of player he seems to have the tools to be.

Admittedly, he chased Jok around the court in Man D all night, and was stuck to him like glue except when Jok would come off a good screen. That would wear down anyone. He looked exhausted in the 2nd OT.

At this point, I'd argue that Coffey is the Gophers' best overall defender, and a do-it-all type of player who can take on many roles. He has some flaws in his game that hopefully he can address; the main one being that he struggles driving to his right. If he can get that fixed, he could become the team's go-to player over the next season or two.

Amir is awesome. The steal/dunk took the cake for me.

Serious question: At one point toward the end of the game, Amir shot an airball three-pointer. Someone was right there for the put back. Was that planned plan?

I know back in my day watching at the barn (mid-to-late 90s), Iowa constantly ran a set play just like that. Basically an alley-oop for a layup, but it came off of a three-point "shot."

If it was an accident, it was poetic.

No way that was planned. This team loves to huck ill advised 3's, its the Steph Curry effect.

I love when Amir makes a good play and they pan to the shot of the old man in the crowd and he's just staring intently 90% of the time. No smiling, no clapping, all business.

I love when Amir makes a good play and they pan to the shot of the old man in the crowd and he's just staring intently 90% of the time. No smiling, no clapping, all business.

You can tell he's really nervous. Can't blame him at all, I get nervous too and I don't have a kid on the team!

Top Bottom