Vincent Grier graduates

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Nice story about Vincent Grier returning to school. His first year (junior year) may have been my favorite year of Gopher basketball. I can't recall another player who just showed up and dominated, especially one that came in somewhat under the radar.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020217aab.html

Good to hear the U takes interest in athletes after their eligibility is up.

Nice story about Vincent Grier returning to school. His first year (junior year) may have been my favorite year of Gopher basketball. I can't recall another player who just showed up and dominated, especially one that came in somewhat under the radar.

Good for Vince. This also benefits the Gophers as they get points for their APR.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020217aab.html

His 2nd-half Wisconsin performance is absolutely legendary. Congrats to Vince for finishing his degree!

His 2nd-half Wisconsin performance is absolutely legendary. Congrats to Vince for finishing his degree!

Good for him. I remember after the Gophers he was invited to the Miami Heat training camp and was the last guy cut that year. The coach at the time said that it was a very difficult cut especially because of his defensive play.

1. Am I the only one that immediate thought of "Donna Martin Graduates" when they read this?
2. Great news!
3. Vince is going to be on with Korzo and Spencer tomorrow on 1500 at 9:15am if anyone would like to listen.

Yes! Maybe the best half ever by a Gopher. If I recall, the score was about 20-16 WI at half; Vincent went off in the 2nd half for about 23 scoring every which way possible in a Gopher win.

Best mid range game of any gopher iv ever seen in my lifetime.. and anyone that can own a game against Wisconsin goes down as one of my all time favorites

Up all night

Rumor has it Grier would stay up real late the night before away games, drinking a six pack by himself, keeping his roommate up. And then go score twenty no problem. He was definitely a silky lefty with a well balanced skill set.

Top Bottom