B1G Games of (1-10-17 & 1-11-17)

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
Some intriguing match-ups tonight and tomorrow:

Tonight's BTN double header:

Indiana (2-1) @ Michigan (2-1) (should be fun)
Ohio State (4-0) @ Michigan State (2-1) (Suzy Merchant returned to the bench last Saturday)

Tonight on Btn2Go

Rutgers (2-2) @ Nebraska (0-4) (A crazy contrast)

Tomorrow on Btn2Go

Penn State (1-2) @ Maryland (3-0) (Okay not so intriguing)
Illinois (2-1) @ Iowa (1-2) (Will the Illini's Petra Holsinska outgun the Hawkeyes from beyond the arc? )

Tori Jankoska with 31 points in the first half (19 in the first quarter). Michigan State leads Ohio State 54-41. Banham's record in danger?

Tori Jankoska with 31 points in the first half (19 in the first quarter). Michigan State leads Ohio State 54-41. Banham's record in danger?

She only has 5 points in the third with it being almost over. The game is no danger of going into OT, so I think the record will be safe.

Jankoska finished with 42 (a MSU record) and the win, 94-75, over the Buckeyes. Kelsey Mitchell scored 13 on 4-18 shooting. It was the worst shooting night I've seen for K Mitchell. The Buckeyes had no work around for her off night.

Nebraska defeated Rutgers 62-58 in Lincoln grabbing their first B1G win and their first win in a month.

Jankoska finished with 42 (a MSU record) and the win, 94-75, over the Buckeyes. Kelsey Mitchell scored 13 on 4-18 shooting. It was the worst shooting night I've seen for K Mitchell. The Buckeyes had no work around for her off night.

Nebraska defeated Rutgers 62-58 in Lincoln grabbing their first B1G win and their first win in a month.

Mitchell did, indeed, look terrible. But, even with a terrible Mitchell (taking fewer shots than usual), OSU should still win that game. But they weren't playing with urgency or boxing out or playing together. This team of stars is definitely not coming together.

Yes, Ohio State seems to be a dysfunctional bunch. And if we think the Gopher defense (or lack of it) is frustrating sometimes, imagine being an OSU fan. They are a lousy defensive team. All that talent and it's not coming together. Maybe they'll get it together by tournament time, but that might be a big challenge for McGuff. I also watched Michigan-Indiana. Anderson with a good game for the Hoosiers, but not much else. Michigan actually plays good defense to go with a very good offense. Gophers at Michigan this weekend. Don't know if it's just me, but quite a few BIG teams looking better than the Gophers at this stage: Maryland, OSU, MSU, Michigan, Indiana, Northwestern. I hope that changes as the season progresses.

Last night Jankoska set a single game Michigan State scoring record; tonight Maryland's Brionna Jones tied the Terp's single game record with 42. The game was bit more interesting than expected. Maryland rallied late in the second quarter to lead 44-39 at the half. The Terp's maintained a double digit lead most of the second half; but Penn State made Maryland work in the last minute before the Terps prevailed 89-83.

Top Bottom