Nate Mason Named Co-Big Ten Player of the Week

DeathClutch

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Co? With Tai Webster? Please. That's insulting.

Nate Mason: 49 points, 11 rebounds, 15 assists, 2 steals, 3 turnovers
Tai Webster: 39 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 6 steals, 8 turnovers

Both lines are impressive but Mason's is clearly superior.

Plus the additional stat mentioned last night on the BTN: Mason is only the 3rd player in the NCAA in the last 20 years who scored over 30 in a game while also getting 10 or more assists.

Plus the additional stat mentioned last night on the BTN: Mason is only the 3rd player in the NCAA in the last 20 years who scored over 30 in a game while also getting 10 or more assists.

Was it nationally or just in the Big Ten? The other two, Denzel Valentine and Corey Sanders, were both Big Ten players, and both happened last season.

Was it nationally or just in the Big Ten? The other two, Denzel Valentine and Corey Sanders, were both Big Ten players, and both happened last season.
This is correct, it was just Big Ten. Still a great stat.

2-0
1-1

= Co

Had Purdue pulled out the win I suspect it would have gone to Swanigan - with his 4th 20-20+ pts/reb game of the year.
Found this article from Indiana:
http://www.kokomotribune.com/indiana/sports/swanigan-posts-another---game-but-purdue-falls-in/article_c594742a-d099-11e6-bdff-c37a3a7409a8.html
Last season against Purdue, Mason recorded his first career double-double with 15 points and 12 assists. Leading up to the New Year’s Day matchup, Swanigan said Purdue point guard P.J. Thompson was looking forward to the rematch. But rather than slowing Mason, the junior guard only improved on his stats from last season and left West Lafayette with the win.

I'm pretty sure the broadcaster said "in all of college basketball". How does one research something like this?

That's what I thought I heard as well. It almost seemed too amazing. But even if only Big Ten still an incredible stat. There are 361 division 1 teams and in one year that is (assuming a 30 game schedule) 10,830 games, or over 216,000 games over 20 years that some handful of guards have done this.

Don't forget that Mason also played an extra half game due to 2 overtimes. That generally helps the totals.

Top Bottom