Now beat Northwestern!!!

Relax. This was a huge win, will be a listed as a signature win when the Selection Committee debates if/where to place this team

I agree though, they have to win the next few games to have a shot to make noise in the B1G

Completely disagree. This win is huge. Northwestern is tough and a win there would be big as well.

Go Gophers!!

Obviously its a huge win but will mean nothing at the end of the year if they don't win 7 or 8 more of them.

Jesus H Christ Money...Can't you enjoy for a few minutes before Debbie Downing right away?

I just bought my tickets for Thursday's game. Can't wait to see the boys in person.

Northwestern game will be big. We see us winning though

This win means nothing if they lay an egg in Evanston....Build on it!

Wrong. Its another road game. OBviously winnable and hopefully they get it done. The Purdue win will be the gift that keeps on giving all season long, regardless of what happens next week.

Wrong. Its another road game. OBviously winnable and hopefully they get it done. The Purdue win will be the gift that keeps on giving all season long, regardless of what happens next week.

Yes, it will be nice win to look back at the end of the season regardless of how it ends...However, if the boys have postseason aspirations they have to build on this win and keep improving....Do not sleepwalk on the cats next week.

on the road wins are never easy in the Big 10....no matter what team it is, it rocks to pick up anything on the road.

Yes, it will be nice win to look back at the end of the season regardless of how it ends...However, if the boys have postseason aspirations they have to build on this win and keep improving....Do not sleepwalk on the cats next week.

Agree with that and its a great chance at a win. That said, today's win will not look bad or mean less if we lose next week. Its a long season and we will not win all of our road games. Stealing another would be great.. and Purdue is a good team and will win 10 plus games in the B1G. Today's win will be big come tourney time. Losing to Northwestern at home would hurt, but not on the road. Doesn't mean it won't be disappointing if we lose.. but it won't make or break the season, especially after today.

This win is enormous. Another road win would be huge but a loss does not negate this win. Today was a huge resume builder.

Absolutely huge win today! Do we have a shot to beat northwestern yes. Does the Purdue win mean nothing if we lose no. It's on the road let's complete see what happens.

How ironic but this win may end up helping MIchigan State's tournament resume.

What I meant is if we can expect a great year by the Gophers Michigan State gets a higher level quality win playing at Minnesota.

What I meant is if we can expect a great year by the Gophers Michigan State gets a higher level quality win playing at Minnesota.

Ahhh. Roger that. Yes, historically ironic.

Can Elder Pitino make that game? And every other game? What is Richard's record with pops in attendance?

Ahhh. Roger that. Yes, historically ironic.

I think that I get what you mean as well. For the record I am surprised 'how' they won the game, not 'that' they won the game. I truly expect a big year this season, and I began expecting it before this game even began.

My main concern with NW is Eschmeyer getting Lynch and Murphy in foul trouble again.

Obviously its a huge win but will mean nothing at the end of the year if they don't win 7 or 8 more of them.

That is somewhat true, but still doesn't mean that if they lose on Thursday at Northwestern that:

1) The @Purdue win doesn't mean anything
2) The Gophers won't go win 7 or 8 other games

I mean, people, the Gophers will be underdogs on Thursday and could very likely lose that game (probably will).

Doesn't mean the Purdue win was worthless and doesn't mean we cancel the rest of the season. Why panic after today's win with the thought that a loss Thursday will ruin this win and potentially the season? It won't do either of those things. I don't understand that mentality.

A lot of parity in the B1G. Enjoy the win. We gave one to MSU ; took one from the Boilers. The Cats are beatable in that glorified HS gym. I think this is a game where Springs lights it up and we walk out of there with a win.

Are they still playing that nightmarish 1-3-1 under Collins?

Two worst games of the conference season last year were against the Cats. It's payback time and certainly not an automatic or even assumed win. Would be a very good win if it happens.

Great weekend too because Florida State wins at Virginia and St Johns keeps winning - Vanderbilt too

Great weekend too because Florida State wins at Virginia and St Johns keeps winning - Vanderbilt too

Minnesota at 9 in the RPI. Let's keep this ball rolling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is somewhat true, but still doesn't mean that if they lose on Thursday at Northwestern that:

1) The @Purdue win doesn't mean anything
2) The Gophers won't go win 7 or 8 other games

I mean, people, the Gophers will be underdogs on Thursday and could very likely lose that game (probably will).

Doesn't mean the Purdue win was worthless and doesn't mean we cancel the rest of the season. Why panic after today's win with the thought that a loss Thursday will ruin this win and potentially the season? It won't do either of those things. I don't understand that mentality.

I would normally agree with you because playing at Northwestern has always been a nightmare. However, I just have a different vibe about this team. I have to admit I wrote them off yesterday when they fell down by six after blowing the lead. They have a little swagger this year that prior Gopher teams did not.

I would normally agree with you because playing at Northwestern has always been a nightmare. However, I just have a different vibe about this team. I have to admit I wrote them off yesterday when they fell down by six after blowing the lead. They have a little swagger this year that prior Gopher teams did not.

Certainly an easier environment, but a better team than in past years. And it's always a dogfight in there. If we win, it will be impressive.

Top Bottom