Curry!!

XMan

Reaction score
What a great overtime effort by Curry. Came in and hit shots and played smart!

He was fantastic. The up and under move was a veteran move. The confidence to take outside shots, rebounding, etc.

He was huge on offense, Lynch was huge on defense.

Go Gophers!!

He was great. Everyone on this team wants the ball which is what makes Curry and the whole special.

Agreed. He was fantastic in the overtime.

Huge onions in OT. Even got a favorable call on the drive.

Great to see his confidence. Mason - McBrayer- Coffey - Murphy have all been go to guys this season in different games. Today when he had an opportunity Curry nailed it in ot. Mason is still that go
To player for sure. He was on fire today too

Sadly missed the game, via the play by play saw the OT scoring, via the box score saw he only got 12 of the 45 minutes. Any take on that? Especially with the other 3 bigs all in foul trouble. Just curious.

He came in and had a great overtime. Made a huge drive to the basket. Made a great fake and step around shot and then a cough 3 pointer too. Also rebounded well. Not sure why his playing time is as limited

Curry was huge in OT. I couldn't believe my eyes. He looked like a vet.

The up and under and the drive were huge (no way you call him for a travel there after what the let Swanigan get away with), but how about the stones to take a second three after missing the first one? Once he adds some strength (he missed an easy tip in opportunity fairly late in regulation and is frequently a main culprit when they give up offensive boards) he can be really special.

Sadly missed the game, via the play by play saw the OT scoring, via the box score saw he only got 12 of the 45 minutes. Any take on that? Especially with the other 3 bigs all in foul trouble. Just curious.

He was in foul trouble too. Picked up two quick ones in the first half.

Any contribution they get from Curry this year is a plus. I'm very interested to see what he's like next year - with a year of strength work under his belt and a year of work with the coaches to round out his offensive game.

I have to admit, after being down on the program and Pitino last year, I'm starting to get excited to see what happens. Take this year's team - add the two new FR guards next year, and a year of growth and development for the younger players, and you've got a team that could make a legitimate run in the tournament.

Any contribution they get from Curry this year is a plus. I'm very interested to see what he's like next year - with a year of strength work under his belt and a year of work with the coaches to round out his offensive game.

I have to admit, after being down on the program and Pitino last year, I'm starting to get excited to see what happens. Take this year's team - add the two new FR guards next year, and a year of growth and development for the younger players, and you've got a team that could make a legitimate run in the tournament.

And Fitzgerald(?) who knows what that kid could have done this year and who knows what he will be able to do next year. But, if we could get 7th man type contribution from him I'd be super happy.

If Konate develops into a solid backup center for his senior year, next years team will be really deep at every position.

Curry reminds me of a player Purdue had a few years back- JuJuan Johnson who was athletic and could step out to the perimeter and hit shots. Those big guys that can hit from range kill you- it's a major weapon when the other team ramps up the defense because a 6-9 guy can almost always get a clean look from long range. Curry is going to be a great player for the Gophers in the years to come. I was surprised to see that he is our second leading rebounder behind Murphy.

Curry reminds me of a player Purdue had a few years back- JuJuan Johnson who was athletic and could step out to the perimeter and hit shots. Those big guys that can hit from range kill you- it's a major weapon when the other team ramps up the defense because a 6-9 guy can almost always get a clean look from long range. Curry is going to be a great player for the Gophers in the years to come. I was surprised to see that he is our second leading rebounder behind Murphy.

You are right he does remind be me of Jujuan Johnson

I like that in overtime he still had the confidence to take that three. I kept thinking back to when the announcers were laying it to the gophers for curry taking that wide open three in the second half. Thats Pitino having confidence in all of his players to step up and make shots.

Top Bottom