STrib: When will the Gophers first Big Ten win come during grueling schedule?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

The Gophers definitely let one slip away in Tuesday’s 75-74 overtime loss at home against Michigan State in the Big Ten opener.

The question now is when will Richard Pitino’s team pick up its first Big Ten victory?

A year ago, Minnesota didn’t win a conference game until Feb. 18 vs. Maryland at home.

A much more grueling schedule faces the Gophers (12-2) to begin Big Ten play this season, with four of the next five games on the road. Pitino's Big Ten road record is 4-23 in his first three seasons, including 0-9 last season.

The January portion of the schedule looks like this: at Purdue on Sunday, at Northwestern Thursday, vs. Ohio State Jan. 8, at Michigan State Jan. 11, at Penn State Jan. 14, vs. Wisconsin Jan. 21, at Ohio State Jan. 25 and vs. Maryland Jan. 28. Ouch.

http://www.startribune.com/when-wil...-win-come-during-grueling-schedule/408628565/

Go Gophers!!

I would guess OSU is first win. Get thru those 3-6 and it would not be a disaster.

I like the Northwestern matchup. Both teams have good guards/wings, but Gophers' size/strength should be a problem for Wildcats. Likely being 0-2 will have Gophers laser focused.

first win at Northwestern...2 and 2 after the OSU game

highly likely 0-3 going into the Ohio St game. Loss the that game and Pitino coaching for his job the rest of the year?

I doubt we win a game until February again this year and finish 2-16 and then lose in the opening round of the Big Ten Tourny.

This of course flies in the face of my previous prognostication that we would go undefeated in conference play and win the Big Ten Tourny and be a 2 seed because the NCAA hates us.

:clap:
I doubt we win a game until February again this year and finish 2-16 and then lose in the opening round of the Big Ten Tourny.

This of course flies in the face of my previous prognostication that we would go undefeated in conference play and win the Big Ten Tourny and be a 2 seed because the NCAA hates us.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
:party:

Top Bottom