STrib: Jelly Fam movement taking over NYC coming to Minnesota in 2017

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Jason:

The Jelly Fam movement is coming to Minnesota in 2017.

Jelly, what?

The youth basketball phenomenon taking over New York City was co-founded by Gophers four-star recruit Isaiah Washington. The 6-foot-1 senior point guard out of St. Raymond High School has amassed a following in the New York basketball community and on social media with his signature move.

The “Jelly” is a finger-roll layup with “spice and sweetness” added to it. The move isn’t new to the sport, but his spin on it has fans lining up to see the prep star anytime he's on the court.

http://www.startribune.com/jelly-fa...781336/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

So excited to see Washington here. Anyone know if we are recruiting any 2018 Jelly Fam-ers that could follow his path from NYC to MPLS? Sure seems like Washington is a fixture in that community, I would have to think some of his buddies might want to play with him again, especially if the team keeps playing well.

Pollyanna!

So excited to see Washington here. Anyone know if we are recruiting any 2018 Jelly Fam-ers that could follow his path from NYC to MPLS? Sure seems like Washington is a fixture in that community, I would have to think some of his buddies might want to play with him again, especially if the team keeps playing well.

Pollyanna!

Doesn't he have a four or five star junior teammate we are recruiting?

It also appears Washington and Moses Brown are AAU teammates. Given his size, I wouldn't think Moses would on JellyFam roster.

I think Washington is recruiting him and I think it was an AAU teammate, not positive we are.

There was a tweet about it.

They were also high school teammates last year at St Raymonds. Wilson transferred to a prep school this year, Brewster Academy. Between AAU and high school ball I would imagine they have a pretty good friendship. Not enough to keep him from changing high schools so I wouldn't bank on a package deal.

Things are getting really exciting for bball...

They were also high school teammates last year at St Raymonds. Wilson transferred to a prep school this year, Brewster Academy. Between AAU and high school ball I would imagine they have a pretty good friendship. Not enough to keep him from changing high schools so I wouldn't bank on a package deal.

You're clearly not from here. Washington committed to Minnesota, so he's one of us. Wilson went to school with Washington AND has a Gopher offer, which makes him one of us. It's almost as if a commitment from Wilson would be like committing to the hometown school. The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades...

You're clearly not from here. Washington committed to Minnesota, so he's one of us. Wilson went to school with Washington AND has a Gopher offer, which makes him one of us. It's almost as if a commitment from Wilson would be like committing to the hometown school. The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades...

Here, Sid, try this kool-aid. Just take a sip, Sid, it's soooo good.

Top Bottom