BTN: Big Ten Power Rankings for Week of 12/19 (#8. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

8. Minnesota (11-1). I’m beginning to be a believer in the Gophers, but, ultimately, time will tell. The pieces are all there, but we haven’t seen them up against stiff competition, especially on the road. Big Ten play will give us a better picture of the Gophers and where their ceiling might be. Until then, I’m dropping them safely in the 8-spot. But, I will say this: With the middle of the pack wide open, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this team finished as high as fifth or sixth in the conference.

Last week: 9

http://btn.com/2016/12/19/power-rankings-wisconsin-takes-over-top-spot-in-jon-crispins-list/

Go Gophers!!

I didn't looks but is 5 loss Michigan St still ahead of us? I wouldn't be surprised. Doesn't matter though, we need to prove it in the conference. It's down this year, so we have a chance to make some real noise and build a lot of momentum into next year where we just might be a top 25 team.

Michigan State didn't even make the top 10. They moved us up 1 spot ahead of Maryland while Illinois jumped from #10 to #6 with MSU dropping out.

per BTN:

8. Minnesota (11-1). I’m beginning to be a believer in the Gophers, but, ultimately, time will tell. The pieces are all there, but we haven’t seen them up against stiff competition, especially on the road. Big Ten play will give us a better picture of the Gophers and where their ceiling might be. Until then, I’m dropping them safely in the 8-spot. But, I will say this: With the middle of the pack wide open, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this team finished as high as fifth or sixth in the conference.

Last week: 9

http://btn.com/2016/12/19/power-rankings-wisconsin-takes-over-top-spot-in-jon-crispins-list/

Go Gophers!!
Wow, "time will tell" great take

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I don't see how anyone can be critical of this take.

I don't see how anyone can be critical of this take.

Agree. It's pretty much dead on.

Gophers have already established they're not going to be awful like last year, but we really can't know what we have until we see them vs. good competition night in & night out. Am still cautiously optimistic, but I need to see this team first beat a scuffling Michigan State team, and then second beat someone (anyone) on the road, preferably after being punched in the mouth a couple times. That's where teams earn their stripes, on the road.

Most specifically, I'm eyeing the game in Evanston, which isn't exactly the toughest venue in the B1G.

I would still be ecstatic with 8th going to D.C.

It's the all important 4th year for both Pitino and Chris Collins meaning they both have to finish in top 4 of B1G or they can't coach. Wasn't that the hot take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know where else to put this, but St. John's whooped Syracuse 93-60.

Top Bottom